Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fish and Game Club vs Billionaire over access

Re: Fish and Game Club vs Billionaire over access

http://business.financialpost.com/fp...y-being-killed

I posted this in another thread Big Black Dog..it might give you hope for the future

Arrow Re: Fish and Game Club vs Billionaire over access

Quote Originally Posted by Meatatarian View Post
    ... im first nations and all of douglas lake property is my traditional territory, they catch me in there all the time and cant do crap i just chukkle tell them my name and statice number and they start pouting its unfair...
    What he is doing (and publicly posting about) is Illegal Trespass on Private Property. If he's hunting, it can also be addressed via the Wildlife Act. Hope their Range Manager catches him soon, and we'll just see who starts "pouting"...

In further developments:

Former government staffer testifies about B.C.'s plan to cede control of lakes

"The government has withheld this information from us for the last seven, eight years. Had we had this information, we probably wouldn't be in this lawsuit," says Rick McGowan, a director of the Nicola Valley Fish and Game Club. "The public has not been aware the government is secretly trying to create a policy to offload these public lakes to private entrepreneurs by controlling public access."

http://cfjctoday.com/article/557798/...s-speaks-about

And on it goes...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    What he is doing (and publicly posting about) is Illegal Trespass on Private Property. If he's hunting, it can also be addressed via the Wildlife Act. Hope their Range Manager catches him soon, and we'll just see who starts "pouting"...

Cheers,
    Nog
    Not to sidetrack this thread but you may or no be correct Nog .... see the thread about poaching the elk on private property in Naramata

Arrow Re: Fish and Game Club vs Billionaire over access

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    Not to sidetrack this thread but you may or not be correct Nog .... see the thread about poaching the elk on private property in Naramata
    I've been active in that thread, and initiated threads dealing with the same matter on several other Forums.
    To say "the debate is somewhat heated" is an understatement for some...

That said: I am fully aware of what the Law, and specifically the Wildlife Act state.
    According to that, I am NOT in error.

I am also aware of the intentional testing of those Laws & Regulations by a few radicals, AND our spineless government's response Thus Far. The Laws as written well apply. They just need to be enforced...

Apologies for the side tracking here too...

Now back to your regularly scheduled court case gazing...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Not to sidetrack this thread but you may or no be correct Nog .... see the thread about poaching the elk on private property in Naramata

and the poachers are being charged with trespassing.
    Which is more or less a slap on the wrist.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    and the poachers are being charged with trespassing.
    Which is more or less a slap on the wrist.
    Are they ? I haven't seen where charges have been laid .

Are they ? I haven't seen where charges have been laid .
    Actually my bad, they are looking at charging them, but they have not been charged as of yet.

"We're looking at possible noncompliances under the wildlife act, the trespass act and maybe the firearms act," Sprado said.
    "We're leading the investigation, and the route, obviously, is charges or we can also look at possible restorative justice if the evidence would support any or either of both of those."
    Sprado says First Nations people have the right under the Indian Act to hunt on Crown lands for food or ceremonial purposes, but not on private property without permission.
    Victoria Kryzanowski says she's owned the land where the incident is alleged to have taken place for about 15 years, and has never given permission to anyone to hunt on that land, noting that as a hunter herself, she doesn't hunt on that land.
    She adds that the issue has been ongoing for sometime, though Sprado was unable to say whether conservation officers have been called to the property before.

here is the answer to your other question about FN hunting on private property.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Back to the topic of this thread . What is happening with this case ? Are we seeing any progress towards a resolution that is in favor of BC residents ?

Back to the topic of this thread . What is happening with this case ? Are we seeing any progress towards a resolution that is in favor of BC residents ?

^^^^Very good point meatatarian...
    Last edited by HarryToolips; 02-02-2017 at 07:36 AM.