Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rabbit hunting kamloops

Re: Rabbit hunting kamloops

Find fresh tracks and hit the willow juat before dark. Look for the eyes!

I agrre with bacon_overload. I have already told the guy great spots...
    He just asks where to go and hasnt tried to look...

If you took a 20km radius around doreheams house you would find moose, deer muley and whitey, elk, black bear, maybe even grizz, ruff, blue, spruce, and chuckar, snowshoes, cougar, lynk,

I already told him where to look and he seems to just ask more... if he asked for tactic advice and showed he was trying he may get more help.

Rabbit tracks in snow, easy one, chewed branches, secound growth and thick, walk a trail shoot a bunny rewalk trail shoot another...they are a colony type ani I'm al once you see one you have a pocket and will see more.

Same applies to deer.

90percent of game 10 percent area burn some gas telll you see game than hike the crap out of that area. Learn to butcher and eat well.

Maybe join ktsa may find a mentour...

Maybe he's trying to Jel-Zero some folks' honey holes!

Hahaha that was funny stuff that Jelvis.

Yes your right maybe he is jellos kid if that was the case I would tell him to meet me at my house sat and we could kill bunnys and yotes..

Right on!

I am going out again soon to see how I do, here in the EK.

First of all if you dont want to help, please dont reply! Second, I am an international student and I got my licences in August 2016. think thats easy to figure out all this stuff by myself?? if someone will ask me for any help in my country, I will help without any questions! even with hunting! Dont understand people like you! U think i will go there and kill all animals or what, if u give me some tips about location or something?? maximum I can go out hunting 1-2 times a month as I am student and part time worker! thats why i am asking for any possible help. thanks

go here: 50.6660*N 120.3557*W
    look for rabbit

You state you are a student You are likely paying a lot of money to learn information. So the concept of knowledge and information having value is familiar to you. Your instructors likewise have paid for their knowledge, which they pass on to you.

You are asking for free for information and knowledge that members have paid for with time, sweat, fuel, and other costs. We'll tell you where the school is, and how to teach yourself, but nobody will give you the specific info on where their hunting spots or honey holes are, info they have worked for, for free (well maybe Jelvis, but he's plainly a lunatic). As well you are asking on the great wide interweb, where any other hunters can and will take this intel.

If you are looking for a hunting partner or mentor, then that is a very different proposition than what you have asked for on your threads. And one more likely to find some takers. I'd suggest you try that tack.. ask to accompany someone and learn from them.
    Last edited by bacon_overlord; 01-11-2017 at 03:38 PM.

For F'in sakes, he is asking about rabbits!?!

bacon_overlord, a dude with 26 posts, is smacking down sh!t with authority. You have too much time on your hands to write all that, which basically is trying to shoot a guy down.

Around Kamloops, look for cuts with 5 - 10 years of spruce regrowth. The rabbits like to come out right at dusk - I find there is a short window when they appear and when it becomes too dark to hunt, but you can extend your hunting time by pushing through the trees a couple hours before dusk.

I would drive forestry roads (not main ones) that are through the above, again near dusk to first put yourself on some bunnies. But I have to admit, that I have not gotten out recently in the snow, but did nail more than a few this fall.

Have seen more bunnies on the west side of the Thompson, up behind Batchelor Heights area, than on the east side of the river.
    Keep your eyes open around culverts, sneaky buggers use them as their escape routes.
    Statement of honour bestowed upon me by Camp Cook:
    LOL that has to be one of the stup*dest mind numbing off in laa laa land comments I have ever read.
    Feb.13,2024

Skibum,

You should review the OP list of posts`s I have given him great advice a few times, sometimes he even asks the same question over.

bacon_overload is commenting as he has noticed these posts as well.

Dorarem, I was going to give you some easy spots back in sept but your heart was set on going to the areas we told you about in the peace I explained to you you would be more successful going out around where you live. as ou where going to the peace for like 3 days or something of the such.

longer days are coming go for some drives.

Go up westsyde and into the bonaparte lots of game and endless exploring..

trail on the right after km 47 i see most bunnies on.