Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rabbit hunting kamloops

Rabbit hunting kamloops

Hey guys! Can you help me please with some tips about rabbit hunting near kamloops? where to go? any ideas ? thank you

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rabbit hunting kamloops

Just go hike around in this fresh snow and you will find their tracks.They are everywhere in ktown,just hard to spot due to their great camo fur.I usually bump them from the bush when I'm coyote hunting.

There's been a ton of rabbits around here the last couple of years, hence the massive increase in Lynx, Bob Cats and Cougars. Pick any side road with brush growing on either side and go for a walk, we find early morning or evenings the best. But remember, it's "Winter" up here in the mountains, so your going to need either a snow machine or snow shoes to get into places where there's rabbits. We've had dam near 6 inches of snow in the last few hours and it ain't slow'in down! And the only way your going to get to any side roads is on plowed logging roads, so be very very careful out there! So ya, pick one of the many logging roads around Kamloops and find a good place to park well off the road so the logging trucks don't run your truck over, grab a gun, snow shoe's, sled, ski's or what ever and go look for rabbits! Let us know how you make out, and Good Luck out there!

Sorry dorarem..

Have you gone for a hike?

There is rabbits on every secound growth trail of spruce deciduous mix in the area..

We shot 8-10 every time we look for them..once you find one there will be tonnes.

Do you have a sled? some roads have 1000's but id say hard to access now with the snow, that being said, during the day they are hard to find, just after sun goes down the roads are covered.
    Kamloops cabins for rent!
    www.bclakefronts.com

Check out some amazing pictures on my Facebook of trophy fish and game:
    www.facebook.com/bclakefronts
    What about YOUTUBE, Check my video on how to make a Euro mount:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadianCade

How come every one of your posts is the same. "Can someone give me GPS coordinates of the animal I want? " I don't wear out my boots to feed your family. Get out and look around.

Bacon_overlord my thoughts exactly .

I cant help that guy he need to do some scouting or hunting..

Quote Originally Posted by bacon_overlord View Post
    How come every one of your posts is the same. "Can someone give me GPS coordinates of the animal I want? " I don't wear out my boots to feed your family. Get out and look around.
    Any chance he could be a new hunter? And just maybe he's asking on this site cuz some of the posts have to do with hunt'in? And if you don't want to help the guy out, Don't, but don't put the guy down for asking a question about hunting. Some of us enjoy trying to help a new hunter, or even old hunters out.

@ m dean..
    I absolutely agree with you that part of this site is to mentor and teach new hunters. Your tips for advice are spot On and excellent.
    However, if someone doesn't seem to apply the copious amounts of excellent advice they've been given...why handhold further.

I learned where the critters live by walking and looking. Hike around an area, look for sign, note the conditions and file it away. If you're hunting deer and find bear and hare sign, as well, which you almost always do, awesome. GPS way point it and keep exploring. I learned hunting techniques and more about the prey biology and behavior by reading, here (best but least used HBC tool: the forum search) and other places, and observing while in the field. these two themes are 90% of all the advice given in HBC it seems.

Basically, If you haven't found hares around Kamloops while hunting other species, you either didn't get out of the truck, or city limits.
    All the advice on this fellas previous threads would have gotten him into some great bunny holes if it were followed. The adage about leading a horse to water comes to mind.

All that being said I'll also take your advice and in future if I cant say something nice, I won't say nuthin' at all..
    Last edited by bacon_overlord; 01-10-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Look for regen pine areas. If there are good numbers of rabbits in the area, you will notice the bark at the base of the tree has been eaten, and there are rabbit droppings and tracks all over the place.
    I can smell the spring bear and ferel pig bacon jalapeņo Swiss smokies already �� "bucks&trucks"