Thread: My 2015 moose

My 2015 moose

I have been very fortunate to take some nice moose, the reason I can is because of a good wife and being able to spend a lot of time in the bush finding the one I want. Countless hour exploring until I find the one. A lot of miles and many attempts until I finally succeed. This bull I had seen several days made numerous stalks but could never close the deal. I tried 5 days with a bow. Closest I got was 87 yards. Then the morning I got him I looked in the spotting scope and seen he had broke one tine so I decide I better attemp with the the rifle before he gets all busted up. I was impressed with his brow tines so he was on the hit list. My son watched him with me in the spotting scope but had school the day I managed to get him or he would have been right there beside me.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	862 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	6184  

2. Site Sponsor

Re: My 2015 moose

Another great Moose!

Right on. I'd say that were one lives and/or Hunts can have great effect on the quality and quantity of game seen. Ultimately you are correct Sir - There is no substitute for time spent afield!

I would hate to guess how many hours and how much fuel I spent trying to get it. In the end it is about being in the outdoors with family and friends. If you can manage a decent bull it's a bonus.

Incredible bull! So you got him later October during the region 6 GOS then was he rutting at all then?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Incredible bull! So you got him later October during the region 6 GOS then was he rutting at all then?
    I'd guess it was early October further North where there is more GOS for Bulls in Region 6. I could be wrong though.

My buddy has called in and shot bulls late oct ( around the 23rd) for 2 years in a row near smithers. They came in hard too, grunting and smashing. It is not peak rut, but rutting none the less

And nice moose by the way! Very nice rack, the fronts are amazing

Awesome bull!! Great fun having a big one to hunt. I'd love to see more pics of that rack.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.