Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frozen Animal Help

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Re: Frozen Animal Help

Take it to a meat cutter and get it all done for you. No extra charge for thawing there! A&B has done this for me, and Hunnifords said they would this year too. Ill bet Chilako will thaw and cut for you too! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

I hunt in Alberta in November and have come back to buddies place in Edmonton with several deercicles on more than one occasion. we hang the the deer in the garage and setup a propane heater blower . works great every time and there ready for us to prosses the next morning . Still ice cold but not frozen.

Usually I have the opposite problem - Ensuring the meat stays cool enough and doesn't spoil! That said, when it's frozen I do what walks with Deer said here -

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    We had the same thing happen throw a quarter on the kitchen table cut next day

Some parts will still be frozen but it cuts no problem

Quote Originally Posted by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham View Post
    Usually I have the opposite problem - Ensuring the meat stays cool enough and doesn't spoil! That said, when it's frozen I do what walks with Deer said here -
    Frozen meat is great for a lot of cooking. The Semi-Frozen Meat's way easier to slice thinly!

Plenty of great advice here folks.
    Last edited by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham; 01-09-2017 at 01:43 AM.

If you know some one with a band saw, it cuts really well while frozen. you can cut a moose in very short order this way, steaks =wow fast

Quote Originally Posted by btridge View Post
    If you know some one with a band saw, it cuts really well while frozen. you can cut a moose in very short order this way, steaks =wow fast
    X2 best time to cut your steaks

put quarters in bathtub and let thaw over night. Cut the next day. Amazing how much liquid will come off onto your kitchen floor if left to thaw on you table and if it wasnt hung and all juices drained prior to freezing. A little bleach and a quick wipe will get the blood out of the tub. Easiest way that I have found.

Thank you all for the advise. Hoping it all goes well this weekend.
    "Fight back, no battles have ever been won by a coward"