Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buntzen lake fishing tips?

Buntzen lake fishing tips?

Any tips to successfully take a few cutt or bow out of this lake from aluminum boat. Going to try and get my 5 year old daughter started this year and although a day on the water is good a fish or two always helps. I will be trolling and I heard micro leeches, any other suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by BCBUSHMONKEY; 01-08-2017 at 10:34 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Buntzen lake fishing tips?

Buntzen lake is stocked with rainbows in the spring and is a very easy lake to fish. Trolling small apex's or a wedding band w/ shrimp works for me every time. If you want to troll flies pumpkin heads work as well. I have had success fishing either side of the lake. Good luck and tight lines!

Thank you kindly...

Big lake full of pike minnows.
    I fished it once and never again.
    Sasamat has always produced better for me.
    But they are both typically a waste of time unless you're fishing right after it's stocked.
    There are resident fishermen that spend every day emptying those lakes.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Used to live by the ocean near Buntzen Lake in the late 60s. The fishing for rainbow was good even from shore. Beautiful & rugged country.

Caution -the deep man made lake is glacier fed & can be very cold even in the summer. Proper attire & a life jacked are a must.

BE CAREFUL.

Our SFU physics classmate drowned there in Dec. 66. The capsized canoe was found. Most likely drowned due to hypothermia. B.H. & I were part of the search party.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

thanks for the info.

I haven't fished Buntzen for a few years but we did very well trolling micro leech patterns on the Eastern shore of the lake, there was a fish on every 15 minutes at least but all on the smaller side.

I've had very good luck with floating power eggs. Make sure you're 1.5m from the bottom.

Do you have a boat? Yes, then troll around looking for the schools, i found they would school up, and when i would find jumpers or surface movement troll for fenders around the schools and its fish on, if its off shore, get a spot on the dock with the other 100 kids
    Kamloops cabins for rent!
    www.bclakefronts.com

Check out some amazing pictures on my Facebook of trophy fish and game:
    www.facebook.com/bclakefronts
    What about YOUTUBE, Check my video on how to make a Euro mount:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadianCade

Check out GoFishBC for stocking reports in the spring. Try and get out the day after stocking and fish any basic lure or bait (flies are great too, but probably not for a 5 year old). Should have some success. Use a super light spinning rod so she can feel the fish fight too!