Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSE evolve

PSE evolve

Is the draw weight adjustable on the new PSE evolve bows?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: PSE evolve

10 bolt turns max from peek weight on that one, equals roughly 3 pound per turn
    24-1/2″ to 30″ draw adjustment

http://pse-archery.com/shop/pro-seri...d-bows/evolve/

So a 70 pound pse evolve could easily be set at 60 or 70 pounds? I'd like to start at 60, practice form and work up to 70. Any ideas?

Assume you are new to archery?

i cant say if yours will do 60 or 70 without knowing what it is first, they sell them in 3 peek weights. 50, 60 and 70.
    so if you had a 70 pound max weight bow then you can turn out 10 bolt turns and be about mid 40 pound or so. a 60 pound will go down even lower.

did you buy this used? or dont know the factory specs to it?

1.5 pounds per full turn of the limb bolts ... Basically the lowest a 70 pound peak will go is 55 at 10 turns out
    a 60 peak will get you 45 pounds at 10 turns out

The Evolve is not produced in a 50 pound peak

Sick bow ... Pretty sure it will be a best seller of 2017 among the PSE fans. I got my hands on an Evolve 35 and was impressed .... Not impressed enough to give up my Hoyt or Elite ... but impressed none the less

So turn your limb bolt as tight in as possible that would be your peak weight ..now with your Allen L shaped key in place back it out to a max of 10 full turns .. not 11 , do the same for both limbs, if top is out 3 turns .. so should the bottom be,

sounds like talking you through a Tiller tune at this point would make your head go boom for now
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

didnt even look if they did the 50 on that one, i was always taught about 3 pound per turn. never played with that bow though
    suggestion is mark the bolt with something to know your full turns. id also not do all 10 turns on one limb, then 10 to other..i do 2-3 each side, alternating.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice. Yes I'm a newbie to archery, been rifle hunting for awhile now and wanna get into bow hunting. Kinda leaning towards the new PSE evolve. Just wanna buy the right poundage bow and not be over or under powered. I try to live by the buy once cry once motto. Another dilemma is choosing between the 31" or 35" axle to axle model.
    Thanks
    Jason

longer axle is more forgiving, shorter may be better for hunting, so im told..lol. i wouldnt be to concerned over couple inches myself
    70 is probably easier to resell in my view also.

Quote Originally Posted by leannejason View Post
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice. Yes I'm a newbie to archery, been rifle hunting for awhile now and wanna get into bow hunting. Kinda leaning towards the new PSE evolve. Just wanna buy the right poundage bow and not be over or under powered. I try to live by the buy once cry once motto. Another dilemma is choosing between the 31" or 35" axle to axle model.
    Thanks
    Jason
    you will find the 31" a tad more aggressive ... I target shoot with 35-37" bows

I hunt with 33" bows typically ... I have hunted with 31" before .. It was ok but didn't seem as stable in my opinion ... also with a short brace height (6.25" is considered a short Brace) if you have a longer draw (29 or more) I would look at nock pinch at full draw.

if resale is a concern ... I wouldn't worry about about 60 or 70 pound peaks, 60 pounds is more than enough to kill anything in north America, the cam design will send out more KE than a typical 70 pounder 10 years ago

You say buy once cry once .... you are obviously new to archery ... your gonna wanna constantly upgrade ... some say Cocaine is a cheaper habit .... I personally would probally be better off financially if I didn't get hooked into Archery
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask