Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Badlands 2200 Pack meat capacity?

Badlands 2200 Pack meat capacity?

Thanks to those who posted on my frame pack tread, but now thinking about an internal frame pack as another option.

Anyway, does anyone have the Badlands 2200 pack, and if so, how much meat can you load it up with? Thinking it might be a good day pack, but I want something that can carry a decent load of meat too.

Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Badlands 2200 Pack meat capacity?

I've packed a complete muley in/on mine with a little creativity. Really depends on how much other gear your packing with you. (spotting scope, extra cloths ect) It's surprising how much weight/abuse these packs will take. Hope this helps.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

You Tube, Badland 2200 weight testing.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    I've packed a complete muley in/on mine with a little creativity. Really depends on how much other gear your packing with you. (spotting scope, extra cloths ect) It's surprising how much weight/abuse these packs will take. Hope this helps.

Helps a lot! Thanks Red Ride...

I've had a 2200 for years. It can carry about 60 to 65 lbs of meat. Great hunting pack IMO.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

My buddy has twice packed out whole moose quarters with his, although the bag was pretty much empty except for processing gear. Once I saw him put two small moose quarters on it at the same time and stumble out of the bush for a short haul out. We figured his bag weighed more then 140 lbs.
    i reg will haul all my day gear and 1/2 boned out mule deer. I could put a whole one in it but I'm always with a friend. Mule deer hikes are typically two hours to get out going fast.
    I would not want to pack more then that comfortably.

Let me know if you're looking for one. I have an older model 2200 that I have never used in the field. I'd sell sell it for a good price.

I have one, I've packed a moose out, took 5 trips! The meat shelf actually works great! I was going to sell it after I got my Barneys's freighter frame and Yukon pack but I still like using it for a day pack! Great pack and great warranty!
    Last edited by Backwoods; 01-07-2017 at 12:50 PM.

I packed out moose quarters with the shelf. It worked pretty good! Its a good day pack, if you drop something you can take a load out right then and there. BUT, its a bit big for a daypack sometimes i find, especially deer hunting i dont like to bring alot of stuff. I will be buying something way smaller this year just to keep my essentials in for deer hunts.

I carried a couple elk quarters with one. Did the job, but wasn't fun