Hey guys, I’ve been cruising the forums for a while now but this is my first post. I always felt the calling to get involved with hunting as a kid since my uncle has always hunted, however my dad never has and the opportunity to go with my uncle never came up so I’ve decided if I want to make it a reality and develop the skills to pass on to my son (who is currently 7 and very enthusiastic about the idea of going hunting with his dad) I’ll have to make it happen myself. Recently picked up a compound bow and plan on putting in as much practice as possible over the next year or two before trying to fill any tags myself. I live in Vancouver and plan on doing most of my hunting (at least for now) in region 2, I’ve done a bit of camping in 2-6 (ashlu FSR area) and am somewhat familiar with the area so if anyone has any experience in that unit any tips/info/advice would be much appreciated. Most likely planning on starting with black tails but would like to work towards black bear and elk. If any seasoned bow hunters in the area want to cash in on some good karma that could possibly help get you get that LEH draw you’ve been putting in for (wink wink ) I would love to tag along on a trip and gain as much info as possible…I may live in the city but I’m no stranger to the woods and know when to shut up and take notes. Also curious if anybody has any info on whether having a firearms ban can prevent you from obtaining a bc hunting license? I know the CORE program has a firearms segment but I also read that there’s an alternative bow hunting course that can be taken instead of CORE. Thanks in advance and happy hunting!