Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinaus Perch Fishing

Pinaus Perch Fishing

Hey Guys,
    I've been wanting to try to catch perch for years now. I haven't fished for them since I was a kid on Duck Lake by Kelowna Aiport. I'm in Kamloops now and have been thinking I want to try Pinaus and Swan. Just wondering if anyone could give me any pointers? I'm assuming start shallow by a weed bed, small hooks and bait. Is Pinaus L. Plowed in the winter still or do you need a snowmobile to access?

Thanks!
    Ryan

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pinaus Perch Fishing

Swan is full of perch, haven't come across any in those upper lakes yet. Went out to Monte new years day, and had some luck with 2 Kokanee, and also getting good trout out of Pillar ( both closer options with good thick safe ice right now )

Pinaus is full of perch and rainbows , generally shallow for perch and deeper for the rainbows (+20ft) Cant say if its ploughed or not but they used to keep it open to the lodge .
    Swan has lots of perch with a good chance for a nice rainbow (1-5lbs)as well The whole lake is shallow but its usually better closer to town out from the trailer park

Ya swan is full of perch. I run a four inch spoon with a hook tied to a 10 inch leader. Any sort of bait seems to work. When you find them it's non stop action.

What size of Perch could I expect to catch at Pinaus?

Always fancied a go…….I miss perch

Quote Originally Posted by OutsyderBC View Post
    What size of Perch could I expect to catch at Pinaus?

Always fancied a go…….I miss perch
    You could catch a few in the 8 -14" range , same as swan lake with the likelihood of a lot in the 2-6"
    Always did well out from the FS campsite or near Southeast end of the lake , never tried closer to the lodge .

Thanks guys! Planning for this Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes!

No luck on the perch. Between 6 people we lost a little tiny one at the whole, saw a big one down about 7' in 14' of water and that was it! The rainbow fishing was decent for mid day but over all slow. Moved around a lot and finally got into a spot on the north west end where we had steady action for 45min but other than that it very poor fishing. All the rainbows under 2lbs but didn't weigh any.

How thick is the ice up there now?
    Pretend hunter.

Amazing it was only in the 6" range. We were at Monte Lake the same day and Monte had around double what Pinaus did. Monte was around 1' thick, maybe a bit less