Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Late Season Elk Hunting Tips

Re: Late Season Elk Hunting Tips

Any success? I'm planning on heading up last week of the tag. I contacted the farmer who gave me permission last time and he hasn't had any elk on his land yet this winter. Might be stomping around crown land this time! Either way. Hunting in February is always nice

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

I'm heading up feb 18 for three days. I'll report back, if I forget, PM me. Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Will do. Good luck!

Warm and very little snow right now!!

Came back from Slave Lake today and there is places where it looks more like late march/Early April. Ditches with standing water, open fields and a few small creeks already open and running!!

Have only seen elk on crown and in the timber.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Any luck out there guys? We have a plan to hunt out of Hudson Hope. Have a couple areas to check out. Any suggestions much appreciated. Good luck up there Moosin!

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou_lou View Post
    Any success? I'm planning on heading up last week of the tag. I contacted the farmer who gave me permission last time and he hasn't had any elk on his land yet this winter. Might be stomping around crown land this time! Either way. Hunting in February is always nice
    I'll let you know what's happening. I'm heading up Feb. 10th for a week into the area. I am going in without any access to private land, so we'll be knocking on doors. That being said, if anyone knows someone in the 7-20a that is cool with having hunters on their property it would be much appreciated.

There's been a massive dump of snow this past week so fingers crossed for pushing the herds low.