Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big agnes Q Core pad reviews

Re: Big agnes Q Core pad reviews

Quote Originally Posted by knothead View Post
    I also use the Thermarest neo air and it is phenomenal! The R value of this thing is 5.7, that is unbelievable for a air mattress. Keeping cold from seeping into your body from the ground is very important to a good nights sleep. I found it to be very comfortable and slept like a rock during my goat hunt this year.
    Which model of neo air do u use

i have had one for a year now, bought it after spending the 5 years prior sleeping thin light thermarest and couldn't take it anymore. For the amount of time you spend on in when in the backcountry its worth having a great one.

I absolutely love the thing.

I could tell you a ton of stories about how its served me well but the sleeps that always impress me are when I sleep in the back of my truck. I have a Defender with a flat plywood area in the back, I am a side sleeper and when I throw down the big agnes back there i don't feel the flat plywood on my hips at all. Its amazing.

Downside, it takes a lot of air to blow it up and you gotta pack it up a certain way to make it compress properly.

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    Which model of neo air do u use
    I use the X Therm Max in large, I'm 6' and weigh 205lbs so wanted the extra width. Compared to the price of some of my other kit I thought the cost was reasonable for a good nights sleep, weight is 1.4 lbs. for the large. I have slept a total of about 15 nights on it now and have zero complaints.
    'The bible says the end is coming soon, I hope I get my cabin built by then'
    Richard ‘Dick’ Proenekke

Bump this up, is anyone using the exped down mats, I am a side sleeper, trying to find something comfortable.
    Last edited by 264mag; 01-23-2018 at 09:13 AM.

I use a Exped SYN mat secret for me being a sidesleeper is not to over inflate.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

I used the exped downmat 9 works excellent. You just have to get the air level where it works best for you. Little bit noisy though. Insulation level is the best I ever found so far.

Pretty sure the Q core is the model I have, it’s yellow. Took it into the mountains last season with no complaints. Usually had to top off the air before the next day but I’m a heavy weight and that’s normal from all the ones I’ve had and tried. Also like mentioned if you find it to hard use less air find what works for you

Still can't beat the Neoair Xtherm. Mines about 6 years old now and still going strong. Here's link to rating/comparison of Neoair to the Q core

https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/topic...t-sleeping-pad

Good reviews.
    Thermarest won’t warranty my slow leak Neo Air,
    nothing like waking up with a rock embedded into your hips so was looking at the Exped9, I’m often a side sleeper too so a thicker we will go and not by thermarest.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Ya I got the big one I’m a big guy 6’2 225 and I love it. Sure it’s bigger heavier etc but I could sleep 12 hours on it undisturbed it’s great. I fact last deer I shot I hiked in slept till 11 then got up shot a 4pt and went home. Those early mornings are over rated haha need that beauty sleep away from home sometimes and these blow ups are like a king size bed haha