Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pitt River Lodge for fly fishing weekend?

Re: Pitt River Lodge for fly fishing weekend?

Thanks for the tips, gents. Went away for a few days and just catching up. Thanks again!

Being fishing the upper Pitt river quite few times during early June. Awesome sea run bull trout fishing and some resident bull trouts too. A 4" white rabbit streamers works great if you fly fishing. Biggest sea run bull I got was around 8lbs there.
    "Nothing kills a Deere faster than Magnum .....CaseIH."

Save yourself some money and start with a day trip. The run across the lake is pretty scenic and having the versatility of the jetboat to move around is nice. The guys at M&Y in Surrey book guided trips up there that know the river as well as any of Dannys "guides" plus they're a bit more personable in my experience. Yos from Chromer Sportfishing books trips as well. If you don't have a lot of river fishing experience bulltrout season in June/July would probably be the best time as they're pretty aggressive when they're on. Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by BigfishCanada View Post
    Owners are Anti Hunters, enough said, wont support a sell out that goes against our tradition
    I would book a charter with someone else that heads up there, lots of good guys, as said the owner is in the media as anti hunting, anti jet boat and anti anything else than gets people into "HIS" river valley. Supporting him is supporting privatization of crown land.
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    I would book a charter with someone else that heads up there, lots of good guys, as said the owner is in the media as anti hunting, anti jet boat and anti anything else than gets people into "HIS" river valley. Supporting him is supporting privatization of crown land.
    Agreed tons of good guides that can accommodate, wont support a sell out and i wont give $1 to that place
    Kamloops cabins for rent!
    www.bclakefronts.com

Check out some amazing pictures on my Facebook of trophy fish and game:
    www.facebook.com/bclakefronts
    What about YOUTUBE, Check my video on how to make a Euro mount:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadianCade

Ever see the sportsfishingbc episode when they were fishing with Pitt River Lodge? Danny was fishing with his spinning reel upside down! If I'm gonna use a guide it's gonna be somebody that eat, sleeps, and breathes fishing.

Went up with Erik Skaaning and had a great time. Not a ton of fish as conditions weren't right for it, but what a great place and man does that guy know the river. Skipped the lodge altogether. This was a way better option.