Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: quads, sxs pics

Re: quads, sxs pics

Damn those are some knarly looking rzr's! I'm leaving the polaris team and going to try a can am utility sxs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gataga View Post

I'll change it up a bit
    that dog looks oddly familiar! And I'm not talking about the four legged one
    Great pic! Thanks for helping the moose population. still waiting for my first wolf.
    Team Toyota
    Hoyt rampage xt
    husky 30-06

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    LOL You agree !! And you have the balls to post up even more pics of a bunch of asshats tearing up the environment
    You do realize whonnockboy and speyman were referring to you !
    I sure do! Because you know, those pictures aren't taken on designated off road vehicle roads/trails.

I'll say "yes that was sarcasm" because it doesn't come through properly in text.

Now ditching the sarcasm... I do understand how the pictures can be taken out of context and can appear to be riding around all willy nilly, chewing up the countryside. I've been to places where you're only allowed to drive quads so far in, then you start hiking. Gorgeous areas in the alpine. Only to come across a couple on dirtbikes bombing around and throwing their popcans in the creek. Just as us hunters shouldn't be painted with the same brush as poachers, all quadders aren't the same. Just there isn't a term for an asshole quadder.

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post
    I sure do! Because you know, those pictures aren't taken on designated off road vehicle roads/trails.

I'll say "yes that was sarcasm" because it doesn't come through properly in text.

Now ditching the sarcasm... I do understand how the pictures can be taken out of context and can appear to be riding around all willy nilly, chewing up the countryside. I've been to places where you're only allowed to drive quads so far in, then you start hiking. Gorgeous areas in the alpine. Only to come across a couple on dirtbikes bombing around and throwing their popcans in the creek. Just as us hunters shouldn't be painted with the same brush as poachers, all quadders aren't the same. Just there isn't a term for an asshole quadder.
    I'd be embarrassed to acknowledge I even knew guys that drove their machines like those you posted ! FYI , driving on a designated road or trail doesn't mean its ok to tear the crap out of it ! If on private property do as you please .

By posting pictures showing the disrespect for the environment as you have, gives more ammunition to those that then assume all ATV operators or Motorcycle riders are doing the same thing. Give some thought to what you are posting. It is obvious what those pictures are of, and are not out of context. They are pictures of idiots that should know they are breaking the law and will be fined if caught. There identity can be seen in the pictures. B.C. Forestry, B.C. Conservation will be happy to get copies.

Thank you for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEYMAN View Post
    By posting pictures showing the disrespect for the environment as you have, gives more ammunition to those that then assume all ATV operators or Motorcycle riders are doing the same thing. Give some thought to what you are posting. It is obvious what those pictures are of, and are not out of context. They are pictures of idiots that should know they are breaking the law and will be fined if caught. There identity can be seen in the pictures. B.C. Forestry, B.C. Conservation will be happy to get copies.

Thank you for posting.

X2 what he said

What I have always wondered is, the rest of the country has trails designed for quadding... and long rides,,,,, where those guys are aloud to do what they do ..... some cities make big bucks through it....
    ya it cant be everywhere ..... but BC needs to get on the program of having areas where 4x4 and its related activities can happen.. That way it keeps Quadders quadding and in the same locations... not spread out..

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    What I have always wondered is, the rest of the country has trails designed for quadding... and long rides,,,,, where those guys are aloud to do what they do ..... some cities make big bucks through it....
    ya it cant be everywhere ..... but BC needs to get on the program of having areas where 4x4 and its related activities can happen.. That way it keeps Quadders quadding and in the same locations... not spread out..
    Huh ? You want more regulation and restrict quading even more ? No Thanks ! ... just put some teeth in the laws to stop
    wieners like in post #7 from tearing up the existing roads /trails .

I can see this coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    But what we do need right now is more enforcement, and this......

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    just put some teeth in the laws
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

no I don't want law...... I want inclusion using exsisting law.... infrastructure for off roading that has been embraced by communities like everywhere else in Canada...
    snowmobile trails in the winter and quad in the summer,,, where clubs and other people can go rife to destinations and have fun,,,, and yes damage environment IN A CONTROLED LOCATION.. not law..

in Victoria we had a place called Harbour view, every driver worth their salt ran 'Yotas up there .... sure it was worked... bikes and trucks and rednecks... BUT THAT WAS WHERE WE WENT..... Go to harbour view see hill climbs and trails and lakes go else where see normal usage........ well they close harbour view because of this ... well guess what, now guys are every where.....

here it is boys,,,, we are our own worse enemy,,, all of you .... polarised to one side.. you guys ripping shit up shouldn't.... you guys saying he is a twirp should be saying " hey man, we should be aloud to do this somewhere... maybe we should have some fun and do it right" ... but no... one guy ride in spite and another point a finger...before you know it.... it will all be park like harbour view or CRD land... just the same as DLR or ITL..... no usage