Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Sustainability of the grizzly bear hunt in British Columbia, Canada

Re: Sustainability of the grizzly bear hunt in British Columbia, Canada

I want to add that science is still very important to the social or moral argument. As an example, science is proof that hunting is not the primary source of grizzly mortality. And the cumulative impacts of mans footprint make finding balance in wildlife management, everyones responsibility. Not just hunters. Hunter are conservationists first.

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    I would agree with you to this extent. You don't find killing bears for their hide acceptable so you won't do it. You don't eat bear and therefore won't shoot one. I'm completely comfortable with that and think you should follow your moral compass and not hunt them. It's when you project your personal beliefs on to me and suggest because you find it unacceptaKble to hunt and kill bears that somehow I should not be allowed to as well. That's where I'd have a problem. In fact, that's the premise of the whole eco-tourist, eco-terrorist manifesto. Forcing their opinions and beliefs on to others despite the reality that the hunt is sustainable and beneficial to the over all management of the environment.
    +++ 1

excellent post! well said.
    while I would never hunt a Grizzly myself, I do respect your right to do so. where I do have an issue is when people display their trophy all over the place purposefully inciting anti-hunters into a frenzy. That is disrespectful and does not reflect well on the hunting community.

I'm not surprised at how many hunters are against hunting. See how many HBCers think their dogs are people!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    I'm not surprised at how many hunters are against hunting. See how many HBCers think their dogs are people!
    Our dogs are just like our children.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

I honestly do not see what you are talking about in regards to the discussion here, as one, maybe two posters are opposed to the hunt. Otherwise, this has so far been a very productive discussion with like minded individuals expressing thoughts on how we should be proceeding as hunters and conservationists.

On a side note, I know my pup is not a person, but she certainly is treated like one. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

The anti mindset and that of the climate change clan is wrong thinking at best, true mental illness at worst. Antis are reform-able back into rationale, reasonable people. Hitlery Shitton lost for so many reason, none of the crux of which did you touch on. People are sick of gov't overreach and prohibitionist attitudes et al.

ATTN: HBC - Here is the solution to the moral argument, in short. Paraphrase, read between the lines and apply it in your conversations if need be -

Animals, including Griz are not immortal. Their alternative (to being humanely harvested by a Hunter or whatever spineless placation a person wishes to employ to describe the kill. I don't compromise) causes of death are truly horrible ends that people wouldn't even wish on their worst enemy. Animals are killed by: starvation, disease, exposure, or being eaten (often alive and from the hindquarters forward. Even an "apex" predator may have an off day and succumb to an attack).
    Never once in the history of the four leggeds has one died peacefully in bed, under the care of it's physician with a steady morphine drip surrounded by beloved family and friends. Quickly avoiding a horrid, slow and excruciatingly painful death is the moral and ethical thing to do and any Human who has the opportunity and inclinations should do. It is the role of Humans to help out in such a manner.

Then deploy the highly successful "if you don't like us, there's something wrong with you" public relations tact that has worked so successfully to normalize previously unacceptable behaviors and inclinations such as LGBTQLMOZ, got murders of the unborn legalized, et al.

Then we go on about "we were born this way, we have no choice we can't be happy or look ourselves in the mirror blah blah blah if we don't Hunt".

Then we ALL unite! We do this by realizing that all firearms should be legal, even if you don't care to carry a handgun. Even if you don't use guns but are an avid, passionate Archer. Even if you don't hunt but fish etc etc. The gays and the bi people never used to get along I heard? Now that they're all united with the trannies et al they are a huge lobbying force and get their way every time.

The trick is to hardline this shit and NEVER compromise, surrender or give up. Not only should we not concede - We need to Make Hunting Great Again by bringing back the killing of Glacial/blue merle and white Bears. It is Racist AF to only kill the Black ones, Brothers and Sisters!

They are wrong, not us. If you don't believe me you are on the wrong forum! And are an anti. The antis sense of morality can not disallow these arguments as their ENTIRE WORLD VIEW is based on this exact kind of shit coupled with the illogical and severely insane ideology that all negative actions and consequences are due to external stimuli. Ie no person is ever responsible for their own actions, evil doesn't exist and what have you.

P.S. - In ya face antis! We're here, we hunt get used to used it. It has been going on since time immemorial and will never stop.

I thought it was a good read. Populations are healthy and the hunt is sustainable. Certainly no need to get rid of the hunt.

Can anyone tell me when your 2017 spring grizz leh has to be in by?
    thx

February 10th. Page 3. http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/spo.../leh_16_17.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by hunteryad View Post
    Can anyone tell me when your 2017 spring grizz leh has to be in by?
    thx
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Absolutely agree with one part of your statement elch jager. I think as a people (hunters that is) we have to try not to encourage anti hunters to hate us further or give them reasons to. I've seen people with deer strapped to the hood of a pickup driving through town bleeding all down the hood. This helps no one and only furthers the Belief that we are all serial killers. The same with us quadders 4x4 guys and bush drinkers we gotta clean up and not destroy everything in our wake. After all it's the only land we have. Sorry a little off topic.