Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sustainability of the grizzly bear hunt in British Columbia, Canada

Re: Sustainability of the grizzly bear hunt in British Columbia, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by boblly1 View Post
    the big picture really that stopped when manufacturing began seriously. My statement is not related in the least with to non hunting protesting or the likes of. The days of neanderthals have come and gone we buy our tools now. walmart cabelas wholesale sports this only about one hunters opinion. I have read and heard it said that grizzly bear does not even resemble decent table fare so why just kill something and keep the proof
    You. quite frankly, do not know jacksquat about Grizzlies, hunting, Canadian traditions or even writing basic English. I suggest that you confine your foolish comments to subjects where you actually have some knowledge and also enroll in remedial English courses.

MOST, of the SCORES of Grizzly hunters I have known in 60+ years of very active bush experience in BC, AB, the Territories, DO, HAVE and WILL eat the bears that they shoot. One of my relatives in his late 50s has shot several legally hunting and he, his wife and extended family have eaten ALL of them as well as Cougars and the whack of huge elk and moose and deer he has taken.

So, unless you can DOCUMENT any of your claims, maybe just give it up and read and learn, eh.

the big picture really that stopped when manufacturing began seriously. My statement is not related in the least with to non hunting protesting or the likes of. The days of neanderthals have come and gone we buy our tools now. walmart cabelas wholesale sports this only about one hunters opinion. I have read and heard it said that grizzly bear does not even resemble decent table fare so why just kill something and keep the proof
    Nothing wrong with the meat of mountain grizz I have eaten it. No real difference than black bear

I have not eaten coastal grizz and have no plans to. Won't hunt fishy black bear either

Not everyone hunts grizz just for the hide. That said I have no issue with the grizz hunt just the way it is. No lack of grizz and from what I have seen over the years I would say they are on the increase in many areas

Walmart has just extended their Boxing Week sale on grizzly hides.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ lmao!!!!

Grabbing some popcorn to watch the show boblly1. Similar bs on Vancouver island where I live. I believe the last bear estimate was 7500 on the island or something like that and the antis say we're killing all the bears. We have a huge population density here with some massive trophy bears being taken yearly?????? People just don't like you hunting them because they think they're special. I like to check websites about bear watching tours to find the best hunting spots hehehe

bg blk dg maybe you should kiss my --- hows that for english

Question at hand is sustainability of hunt not if grizz hunt is immoral or the meat palatable. Again, personal emotion/opinion being confused with facts. Bruce has spent 40 years collecting facts on the subject and the ethics card is still challenging his findings! And by a hunter nonetheless? Each to their own opinion, but the facts are there...
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Another Anti with an attitude trolling HBC

MY, my, you DO get irate, eh? Maybe, try to learn some basic manners in addition to the other issues I mentioned above. Laffin'

Whether you eat the meat or just use the hide for a nice rug, does that really matter?

Personal ethics aside, if the Griz population is strong and a sustainable harvest/management plan is evidence based, does it really matter if people eat the meat, as long as they are following the regs and hunting within the law?

i don't think anyone here would want to see the Griz wiped out, they are beautiful and powerful creatures, but no one wants to see the ungulate population wiped out because of an overpopulation of bears and wolves etc, just because these animals are somehow seen as more "special" or "iconic" by the general public???