Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sustainability of the grizzly bear hunt in British Columbia, Canada

Sustainability of the grizzly bear hunt in British Columbia, Canada

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jwmg.21189/full

Any one read this, if so what do you think?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sustainability of the grizzly bear hunt in British Columbia, Canada

Hmm grizzly bear hunt is sustainable. .i agree..still seeing 9 foot 25 year old grizzlies being harvested yearly..in numerous m.u...
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm grizzly bear hunt is sustainable. .i agree..still seeing 9 foot 25 year old grizzlies being harvested yearly..in numerous m.u...
    Srupp
    Absolutely love your summery, LOL!!

Hmmm they are living long lives....very long lives..growing to immense sizes..proof is in the pudding? As many big bears as 30 years ago..better info than city dwelling granola munching malcontents..or allegations by natives " their " sacred bears are dissappear ing. .
    Small percentage of hunters seek out the grizzly..far less than moose hunters..success and size indicates healthy populations..
    The agenda to eliminate grizzly hunting based on dwindling numbers is bogus..numbers encountered are good..so is size..
    Cheers
    Steven

if one is going harvest a grizzly for consumption take it by all means fill your boots .But if is just for its head or a rug it should be against the law or charge at least triple what it is already. Just saying no animal deserves to die for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by boblly1 View Post
    if one is going harvest a grizzly for consumption take it by all means fill your boots .But if is just for its head or a rug it should be against the law or charge at least triple what it is already. Just saying no animal deserves to die for nothing
    Die for nothing? A rug is a tangible asset far outlasting a hundred pounds of hamburger!

If hunters don't manage them for free, government agents will do it at great expense.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Ok Miley....
    If you're going to find tracks you better make tracks!

Hmmmm, lynx..
    Bobcat
    Cougar
    Wolves
    Start of a very steep slippery slope..
    Next comes goats. .who would eat a stinky goat....
    Then comes the trophy argument with sheep . it's not about the meat it's the trophy..
    Then comes non resident guided hunters..who more than not leave the meat here..distributed to local first nations..

Hunting was never only about what we ate.the most valuable animal historically was the black bear..hide was always used, meat, tendons, claws, fat was rendered used for hundreds of purposes , bones shaped and used from needles to cutting.
    Looking at hunting as solely a food source while important..is a long way from complete. .missing so much of the bigger picture.
    Problem grizzlies that were not shot on site were relocated at big expense to grizzly holding areas.
    By helicopter like Kwatna Bay.right now they are debating shooting well over 100 grizzly bears in just the Bella Coola valley..see Gary James Sheldon assessment..shooting 100 grizzlies and tossing them in the dump helps who? Overpopulation..agressive" natural behaviour that is not checked..resulting in dead pets, raided fish drying rations, crop damage, fruit trees.risking lives..yes humans
    Imbalances from preditor males killing young cubs..
    Biologists determine the numbers for optimized use by grizzlies..out of these parameters..LEH hunting yes hunters pay for the right to harvest a grizzly keeping males to females..total numbers ..holding capacity of an area..breeding age bears versus old past prime adults..so hunting of this species serves a purpose..other than eating.
    Cheers
    Steven

the big picture really that stopped when manufacturing began seriously. My statement is not related in the least with to non hunting protesting or the likes of. The days of neanderthals have come and gone we buy our tools now. walmart cabelas wholesale sports this only about one hunters opinion. I have read and heard it said that grizzly bear does not even resemble decent table fare so why just kill something and keep the proof

the big picture really that stopped when manufacturing began seriously. My statement is not related in the least with to non hunting protesting or the likes of. The days of neanderthals have come and gone we buy our tools now. walmart cabelas wholesale sports this only about one hunters opinion. I have read and heard it said that grizzly bear does not even resemble decent table fare so why just kill something and keep the proof
    You can read thru numberous threads on here to see hunters opinions on the table fare of grizzly bear meat. Like black bears, it depends on their diet.

If you think that everyone thinks it shitty table fare, then I think you may have read too many comments from the antis.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....