Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kifaru

Re: Kifaru

Sorry, no help. dont recall any surprises but it was two years ago and my memory isnt that great....
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Quote Originally Posted by 604redneck View Post
    I have a mail box in the states bud. No problem grabbing it for you
    Say whaaaat

When I order from the US I always try and get it shipped USPS. If it gets shipped UPS you will get hit hard by brokerage fees when you pick it up from UPS here, thats after you've already paid for the shipping. With USPS, they deliver it to customs, then Canada Post takes over on this side. No brokerage fees.

A couple years ago I orderd new mountain boots from Lathrop and Sons, when I ordered on the phone I told them to ship with USPS but they shipped it UPS because it was the same price. I got hit with an obscene brokerage fee, as expected, and I called Lathrop and Sons right away to let them know their mistake and explain why Canadian buyers request USPS. The guy had no idea we were getting nailed by these fees and he returned the amount of the brokerage fee to my CC.

Oh and I do own a 1st gen longhunter guide pack. I dont use it much anymore because I replaced it with a custom Mchale pack in 2010, but the kifaru is extremely well made and tough. I modified my other packs to continue using the gunbearer and will never be without one because theyre awesome
    Last edited by mod7rem; 01-01-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Not sure which one your after, but I have an EMR II and an AMR, both are awesome packs but between the 2 I prefer the AMR. The problem I find with the EMR II is it has too many buckles and it gets real wide and floppy. It can haul a ton of gear tho. Bit of a side note as I own all three, EMR II AMR and Stone glacier sky 7400. The sky 7400 is by far for me anyways better than the kifarus. The stone glacier compresses right away after you dump your camp and you don't have to screw around with it folding and manipulating the bag so it doesn't flop all over. It also feels a million times better on my back anyways. If you got any questions shoot me a pm.

i believe you just pay the hst and a small handling fee to canada post. Great packs, bags and lid design are ok in my opinion, kind of a mess when not fully loaded with gear i found. Like carbon matrix said.
    Last edited by SR80; 01-02-2017 at 09:49 AM.

Lol. I agree with the above. I use my DT 1 as my day pack evertime I hunt. You can play with the straps so the are tucked in though.
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Lol. I agree with the above. I use my DT 1 as my day pack evertime I hunt. You can play with the straps so the are tucked in though.
    x2, hard to believe there's 9000ci when it's all compressed (with guide lid and pockets) Iv been using a cargo panel a lot lately, sure a nice thing. I'll be looking to build one of those new cargo net's soon, they look pretty slick too.

I have made two orders from Kifaru in the past year, including one that was $800+USD. You'll never get charged duty on them as they're US made. I have never paid a handling fee to Canada Post (UPS is a different story, but Kifaru will ship USPS/Canada Post, so no worries there). I also was not charged tax on either order, however that is not 100% guaranteed every time. Sucky exchange rate, but still well-worth it in my books.

I'm running a Mountain Warrior right now, but will be picking up the new Reckoning bag at some point. Looks like the perfect design for me.

I ordered a kuiu pack last year this time and never had to pay duty on it. All my kuiu clothing got hit with duty.

there is no duty on us made stuff, over seas stuff is when you pay duty..like kuiu