Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kifaru

Kifaru

Thinking about ordering a kifaru Pack. anyone know how the tax thing works? in my shopping cart it doesn't add any tax to it? obviously this is because of where they are made, but somewhere along the line I imagine Ill have to pay some tax...anyone know how that works?

also who runs a kifaru pack? lots of good reviews online.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kifaru

You will get hit by tax and duties at the border, Canada Post collects if unless you go across the line to pick it up. In that case you would pay at the border.
    KCCO

The only kirafu I have is the gun bearer, it's awesome!
    KCCO

Not sure with kifaru, but when I purchased my Barneys it was shocking by the time it got to my house after our Canadian dollar, tax and duties, but after all am super impressed with the barneys Yukon pack and freighter frame. I know Clay Langcaster was talking about getting kifaru packs in Canada and was bugging Backcountry in FSJ to start carrying them but yet to see anything because they cannot sell them and make any money by the time they get them.

You'll pay tax when it's delivered

when I ordered my pack 4-5 years ago, I never payed a duty, because everything was manufactured in the states I was told. There was a tax on it tho, I don't recall the amount.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

US made products are duty free in most cases, but it's the brokerage fees and taxes that USPS OR UPS whollop a guy with so beware as in some cases you will pay double the price of your product when being shipped from the US to Canada, I've read many horror stories on HBC with this going on.
    Its better to get a Package Express box in Sumas and deal with the taxes and duty if applicable yourself.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I'll check my receipt
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Bad news - you will get nailed at th border
    Good news - if you speak with someone at kifaru they will likely give you a discount to negate the charges. Amazing customer service.
    Make Your Own Luck

I have a mail box in the states bud. No problem grabbing it for you
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out