Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Vortex Razor HD.

New Vortex Razor HD.

how many guys out there have the new razor spotting scope in the straight body? i have just ordered one and was wonder what guys think about the new design and how it is to use in the field. thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New Vortex Razor HD.

I have a 16-48 Razor HD straight body and have used it from my window mount, over my pack to sitting beside my boat in the river(waders on) watching goats. So far it's been great glass for the money.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

is that the newest body style ride red?

Not the newest, no.

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Did you order the 85mm?

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    Socrates.

yeah thats the one i am wondering about because its so different. and yeah i ordered the 85, pretty excited

I'm sure you'll be happy with it, especially with that huge lense. It'll be like watching TV.

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    Socrates.

yeah and not only does it have a bit lense but its also wide angle so on 27 power it has the same field of view as the older 85's had on 20 power. im just wonder if its more awkward to look threw or not mostly, i feel like your typod would have to be higher up and what not

I have the new one in 65...oh wait...we went over this in PMs. Took me a second to realize.

I'm on the fence when it comes to the 65. But I only used it on a November 5 day trip. The focus dial on the body didn't grow on me but I'm open minded about it and hope to fall in love with it next season.

As far as the 65 goes, not sure it is worth the extra 8oz. Vortex claims the glass is improved slightly, but without putting them side by side in various conditions we have to take their word for it.

Still half a pound is nothing to sneeze at if hauling a heavy pack a lot of miles.

yeah i was really looking for an 85 because i want 60 power they are the same weight as the older 85's but it is still going to be pretty heavy