Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Predator Thread

Re: Official 2017 Predator Thread

hey guys, know this thread had been dead for a while but I was looking at buying some hand calls (don't have the budget for electronic ones) plus I might be able to use them bear hunting. But what would you guys say are go-to hand calls I could look into buying?

I started out on a primos hot dog killed quite a few dogs with it get it watch a few randy Anderson how to video's get out in the field and practice good luck.

Primos calls are good, when I used to use mouth calls I used some Ed Sceery ones, Knight & Hale rabbit distress. They're all workable. good luck
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

There is a lone wolf up by my cabin. I've been seeing tracks for the past month and briefly say him/her last trip. Not sure why it is solo, doesn't seem big enough to be a young male that would be driven from a pack.

Any suggestions for calling a lone wolf vs. a pack? I have a rabbit in distress call but I'm not opposed to buying an electronic caller.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

You can kill wolves using coyote tactics. I'd start with a few coyote howls spaced out over 5 minutes. After a bit of silence I'd start on the distress calls
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    There is a lone wolf up by my cabin. I've been seeing tracks for the past month and briefly say him/her last trip. Not sure why it is solo, doesn't seem big enough to be a young male that would be driven from a pack.

Any suggestions for calling a lone wolf vs. a pack? I have a rabbit in distress call but I'm not opposed to buying an electronic caller.
    Find fresh tracks before you start calling. That wolf can wander for miles and miles in a day. Be patient, it may take a while for him to wander to the call. Also keep a sharp eye out, they can be harder to spot than you think.
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

A trick I have used to get coyote and lynx attention at close range in a pinch is making rodent sounds by basically sucking on the back of my hand. It’s not loud but you can get a large number of sounds and it works. It also saves movement of reaching for a call when they are close but no shot

its a true hand call you never forget lol

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Some of us beat the winter blues by heading out and hunting predators.
    Nice work! How many dead yotes can fit in the camaro? ;

Do you still have your predator hunting website?
    The mountains are calling & I must go. ~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    You can kill wolves using coyote tactics. I'd start with a few coyote howls spaced out over 5 minutes. After a bit of silence I'd start on the distress calls
    Thanks, will try that this weekend.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by steepNdeep View Post
    Do you still have your predator hunting website?
    I sold the rights to Predator Hunt Canada to Marc, owner of HuntingBC. He has never flipped the switch on the predator forum launch