Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easton Axis Full Metal Jacket

Easton Axis Full Metal Jacket

What are you opinions on these arrows for my hunting set up?
    Thanks Steve.
    It's better to pass on a shot that you wish later you took, then to take a shot and wish later you didn't.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Easton Axis Full Metal Jacket

Well it may help us to post your hunting setup.

I've been looking at these myself, just wondering if they break or bend under stress?
    Good trader rating from Jessbennett The others seem to be lost in the original thread deletion.

they are a heavy arrow, so they will slow your speed down thus making your pin gap larger and becuase of the loss of speed you wont be gaining any more kinetic energy than if you were to use gold tips.

I looked into getting some but I would only increase my K.E. by about 1-2lbs and reduce my speed by 20fps minimum.

Im not sure you need all that arrow wieght.
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

Quote Originally Posted by pupper View Post
    they are a heavy arrow, so they will slow your speed down thus making your pin gap larger and becuase of the loss of speed you wont be gaining any more kinetic energy than if you were to use gold tips.

I looked into getting some but I would only increase my K.E. by about 1-2lbs and reduce my speed by 20fps minimum.

Im not sure you need all that arrow wieght.
    Well don't forget that some people consider more than just FPS and Kinetic energy when selecting arrows.

I've met some that swear their groups are tighter with heavy aluminum, and others that swear by ultra thin carbons, etc. Basically with this thought is if you're grouping better with one arrow brand over another, then FPS and Kinetic power don't really matter if you can't consistently hit the vitals.

Also, don't forget that the third (and way overlooked) equation to penetration is having a heavier projectile. On impact a lighter arrow will be stopped by friction easier than a heavier one.
    Good trader rating from Jessbennett The others seem to be lost in the original thread deletion.

Bow Walker Guest

I have to agree with pupper on this one - I don't see the ned for all that extra weight. Although, many people are using them and they seem to like them.

I can group great with gold tips that weigh 8.2 grains per inch I dont see how adding 2 or more grains per inch your going to add accuracy?

the only way you could have better accuracy is if you are not shooting a sufficiently spined arrow and then you get an arrow that has the correct spine which will most likely be a tad heavier, and then it will shoot better groups.

but just adding weight for the sake of it?????? I dunno doesnt make sense.
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

Basically they are an ACC in reverse, carbon core aluminum outside with a cool looking finish. They pull easier from 3- D targets cause of the aluminum.They can bend our break like an all aluminum arrow, they are heavier than most carbons,depending on carbon size,but overall a cool looking shaft.
    New 2011 PSE Omen Pro
    56/29 340 fps
    VICTORY ARROWS

Hey Bowchunk2000 , What does your arrow weight now ?

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

hey guys i have them and really like them ya they are a little slower but fly really nice im just going to put blazer vanes on them for goats on aug 1st see how they work on them
    I've hunted almost everday of my life the rest has been wasted

Quote Originally Posted by greybark View Post
    Hey Bowchunk2000 , What does your arrow weight now ?

REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab On --
    Its 8.4gpi 27.5 in arrow=231 grains plus the weight of the insert, nock, flech, and point.
    Steve
    It's better to pass on a shot that you wish later you took, then to take a shot and wish later you didn't.