Thread: Duck hunting Help.

Duck hunting Help.

As you can see by my signature, This is my first year hunting. I have learned a tremendous amount during pre hunting scouting in the spring and through to the end of the regular hunting season. Put 4500km on my truck going out and exploring.

Now I am switching my learning to Duck Hunting. As some of you may know, I am new to hunting and don't have many friends that are into it.

I don't know where to go for duck hunting. So if anyone is willing to share a location, or even offer to take me along, that would be greatly appreciated. More Importantly, Please help me with any tips and advice. I am starting to read other duck hunting posts and learning from them.

You can PM me to keep locations secret.

I recently bought a brand new shot gun. have neoprene hip waders. I also Have a canoe, But I think I would prefer on land right now.

I am a bit limited due to weather as I have a snow blowing and salting CO.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Has anyone gone down by Pitt Lake anywhere? near the marshes? anywhere in abby? deroche? chilliwack. ( I live in Maple Ridge)
    Last edited by mrtires24; 12-31-2016 at 10:21 AM.
    First year hunting 2016. Trips scouting/hunting 35. km driven 4500km. moose count 2 (our group got). grouse count 5

Experience gained and ready to be used for 2017...priceless.

2017 Results
    Trips out scouting 4 (2100km)
    trips hunting 1 (4200km)
    1 bison
    4 rabbits
    16 grouse

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Duck hunting Help.

I put this under the wrong section. You can delete
    First year hunting 2016. Trips scouting/hunting 35. km driven 4500km. moose count 2 (our group got). grouse count 5

Experience gained and ready to be used for 2017...priceless.

2017 Results
    Trips out scouting 4 (2100km)
    trips hunting 1 (4200km)
    1 bison
    4 rabbits
    16 grouse