Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pelican 60 sled

Re: Pelican 60 sled

I never noticed the attachment points inside the front of the sled I just focused on the rope attachment points and ran on tunnel vision.
    Thanks for all the input guys, it is muchly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Walksalot View Post
    The tow lines are factory attached to the top of the sled. Won't this have a tendency to try and dig the sled into the snow as opposed to attaching it down lower to have more of a pulling effect?
    Not unless you're shorter than 6" tall!

I tried the 75, but for me it was too big for what I needed it for. I like the 60 for pulling grain, blinds and other hunting and fishing stuff. It is also easy to pull deer out.....

I just hook it up to my tree stand harness, which has a drag system in the back for dragging deer out and I can around with the sled in tow.

CT and Cabelas has them on sale off and on during the winter.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    My friend has a similar size sled, but his has thin strips of uhmw screwed to the bottom. It makes a huge difference.
    if you look at the big versions of the sled you bought at Canadian tire they have similar set up. I would add or exchange my sled for uhmw strips on the bottom.
    We pull the kids toboggans down a snowy/sanded road with the quad at Sheridan lake. The cheep plastic sleds are pretty much done/finished in a couple hours the uhmw sled stil looks like new and slides like it's brand new.
    Where can you buy the uhmw strips?
    The strips I had on my aluminum skimmer cracked and broke off.

Quote Originally Posted by tipper View Post
    Where can you buy the uhmw strips?
    The strips I had on my aluminum skimmer cracked and broke off.
    Pelican sells them. Source their website for more info.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Pelican sells them. Source their website for more info.
    Thanks Jagei!

I have two what are called calf sleds, an heavy duty vinyl, one at least 6 years old, pick up at a livestock supply business, six feet long. One now equipped with solid tow bar to get away from those run over you or under the quad situations. They have hauled moose, deer, calves, dogs, and lots of firewood over sand/gravel damp grass and of course snow. With a couple hundred pounds behind an old 300, you don't know its there ....

it will definitely help a lot to rig up a smitty sled with old skis if you are hand pulling your gear on the lake ice fishing, those uhmw strips don't help much with friction, they are mostly there to prevent wearing out the bottom of the sled

but if you're pulling your gear behind a machine it's a moot point, but would still help if you had a weak machine or bogging down in slush
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by Walksalot View Post
    The tow lines are factory attached to the top of the sled. Won't this have a tendency to try and dig the sled into the snow as opposed to attaching it down lower to have more of a pulling effect?
    it won't "dig" the nose into the snow, but it will create a plow affect, not noticeable behind a quad/sled but you certainly notice the resistance hand pulling...I mounted my tow anchors lower, I find it helps to get the nose up and pull easier, rather than plowing through, kind of like pulling a manual on a snowboard lol
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

I put down hill ski's on my 60 and will put a set on my 45 as well. Makes for less friction and less wear when going over gravel. The sled gets pulled by me and pulled by my snowmobile. I countersunk the bolts in the ski's and covered the nuts inside. Find the widest ski's you can.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"