Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: A Giant Falls

Re: A Giant Falls

Thanks for the story and pics.thats a whopper of a buck!!!

Fantastic thread. Ourea, any idea what the typical might have scored?

Amazing! I have had people say that it would never happen to have a world class typical and non-typical buck standing in front of you at the same time. What do they know huh? Way to go, and thanks for sharing.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Good story. Sure got got excited for coming 2017 GOS.
    "Nothing kills a Deere faster than Magnum .....CaseIH."

Wow!.........
    It truly was a giant.
    Fantastic writing. A great share.
    It would have been so awesome to have just been there and watch it all unfold. To be rewarded with the choice of either, after all that effort. It's almost surreal.
    Congrats to you, on a great share and a most impressive buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmeister View Post
    Amazing! I have had people say that it would never happen to have a world class typical and non-typical buck standing in front of you at the same time. What do they know huh? Way to go, and thanks for sharing.
    Agreed, the actual odds of such an encounter are unrealistic if you are random hunter. (Don't know the bucks in a given area, just hoping for a crack at a good buck)

Both these bucks were known to us.
    They were in the same general area.
    The specific location where the experience played out was strategic.
    I called out the "funnel" aspect where bucks heading down from higher grounds would need to pass thru based on the topography. Same to be said about bucks traveling up to higher grounds.

The trail is well known to us.
    The typ was on his way down.
    The nontyp was on his way up from what I gauged.

I hope most are picking up on the information being shared with this "story".

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

ourea what elevation is highcountry? what is mid? ....I ask only because young guys have literal minds. It is a mindmess when a young strong guy would do best low,near homes, in the sage, not having bagged the crap out of there truck ect.
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

I wonder what would have happened with the two bucks encounter had you not intervened? Given the time of year, a muley buck fight for the ages? A brief, uneventful encounter? A size up for later when things get serious? A quick chase, and quick retreat by the unknown submissive buck? One of those things that one might always wonder given the circumstances.....
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    ourea what elevation is highcountry? what is mid? ....I ask only because young guys have literal minds. It is a mindmess when a young strong guy would do best low,near homes, in the sage, not having bagged the crap out of there truck ect.
    High country as defined in this area would be 4500-5000 ft
    Mid was 3500ft.

Other areas we hunt the play and definition of high country is different.
    Don't read to much into the numbers.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Wow, thanks for sharing your story to an amazing buck. I am curious on the extent of time you spent to get at that moment when you pulled the trigger?

I can foresee this post being resurrected before hunting season.
    Did you share your story on that massive elk here?