Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shipping guns?

Re: Shipping guns?

both times or us they ha sig required. they know dam well what their doing. to bad they cant be charged for leaving it lie that. it is illegal id say. i cant do that im sure or be in some troube

next time im tempted to say it was never delivered, since their is no sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    I've shipped dozens of guns through Canada Post, never an issue, once it's wrapped up its just another parcel !
    Same with me. Well wrapped, just another parcel, never been asked whats in the box

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

On another note about shipping items, I opened an account with Canada Post and it has a bit of savings when shipping, something to think about if your shipping alot of items.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

There is no way they'd have any idea what's in it if wrapped well or not using original box.

I just shipped one last week and the buyer worked at the post office. So it never even had to get into a truck at that end.

I've never thought twice about shipping them. As said, just a parcel once wrapped.

they handle so many they know whats in them with shape, size and weights. a pretty good assumption anyways. their not stupid when they handle them daily.

I've had firearms shipped to me from dealers that weren't locked. I've shipped a few rifles, put locks on them. Of course common sense says ship the key separately but the regs don't say that.

I do not recommend nor condone the use of the organization you mention for any purpose. Once, I shipped a gun to myself while traveling signature required as I did not wish to bring the gun along with my person (long story, not driving etc). Those stool samples just handed the thing over to the first person they saw at the address without even asking for a signature. Sent to me in my own name and I had arrived by then, they not only didn't get my signature they got NO signature at all. Also, item was damaged. I was easily able to repair it myself but still complained.
    I have also had them just leave parcel that were supposed to be secure lying about in plain sight (outside on the porch, directly visible from the road) without even knocking or ringing the doorbell. Frequently late. Mail wise, they can't even deliver the mail to the correct box around here. It's a farce. Do not use! Do not use puralator either as they are (last time I checked) owned by CP. Go with Fedex, Canpar whoever else. Any body else basically. No matter what do not tell them what's in the package and package plainly. Transportation laws apply not storage for "non restricted" (the categories should read - restricted, legislated into uselessness and outright banned. C-U-Next-Tuesday-ada are antis, period).

I'm not sure where this lock thing came from but its not a requirement.
    Requirements are unloaded, no ammo, signature required, do not tell PO staff or anyone else or show any markings on the parcel that its a firearm, if its restricted you need a transport permit.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by "No Choke"Lord Walsingham View Post
    Fedex, Canpar whoever else. Any body else basically. No matter what do not tell them what's in the package and package plainly.
    That's POOR advice. Fedex for one has a strict firearms policy, should you get found out I'm not sure it would be worth it. While we have all had some issues with CP it's still the best deal around.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!