Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: guided whitail

guided whitail

Im thinking of treating myself to a guided whitail hunt,,BC or Alta,,,anyone have any suggestions as to outfitter? Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: guided whitail

Go to Alberta or Saskatchewan way better quality whitetail hunting than BC.

Some awesome bucks being taken in Alberta...
    And it's closer!!

Bow or rifle? Stand hunting or spot/stalk/driving?

Farmland (crops, etc) or big bush country?

Baited or not?

Whats your idea of a 'shooter' buck for a WT on a guided hunt?

Thx for asking,,Im not into record books. Im just looking for a nice buck for a shoulder mount. Im a rifle hunter,perfer open or semi open country,,love watching fields at last light, everything except road hunting, open to almost anything.

I have family in Wainwright Alberta. Some awesome bucks out there. Lots of open country. If you want, PM me and I'll get you a couple locally recommended outfitters

Check out the following in your search. I will say that trophy potential and price can be linked. When you start looking at a few of these outfits you'll pay a premium for the type of hunt where you should be aiming for a good mature buck. I wouldn't get wrapped up in 'inches' and just try to find a good big mature buck and often times you'll be happy with the result. Sounds like you have a good idea of that already in your search.

Alberta and Sask have both gone through some bad winters in the past handful of years (better the last 2-3 at least) and that has reduced quality/numbers/etc. Make sure you discuss a bit of that with your outfitters you talk to as things have changed over the past 10 years and not every area has recovered as well as others. Here are a couple for you to add to your list:

Ron Nemetchek at North River Outfitters - Ron's been doing it for a LONG time and has a solid track record. He offers some farmland hunts as well as bush country hunts. I guided there in 2002 I believe and it truly is an area that can produce giants. I saw the one buck from his WT gallery (the guy in the white jacket) in person and it was truly one of the most impressive WT's I have ever seen.
    http://northriveroutfitting.com/

Mike's Outfitting - a very reputable/trustworthy guy who runs a good staff and a good hunt from all I've ever heard
    http://www.mikesoutfitting.com/

Big Tine Adventures - Don't know anything first hand but they seem like a solid option for what you mentioned
    https://www.facebook.com/BigTineAdventures/

i have hunted with Mikes Outfitting twice for elk. Mike is a great guy and runs a top notch operation. His guides are very good and Mike sets the bar very high. If you want more information send me a pm with a number and I will call you.

I'll vouch for Mike's Outfitting as well. Good reputable outfit.

Big Tine in Alberta or Brad Fry in Sask