Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benjamin pioneer airbow legal?

Benjamin pioneer airbow legal?

Is a Benjamin airbow legal for bow season? What about on todagin?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Benjamin pioneer airbow legal?

Don't know if the air bow is legal but it seems to fall under the definition of 'firearm' in the Wildlife Act.

"firearm" includes a rifle, shotgun, handgun or spring gun and any device that propels a projectile by means of an explosion, compressed gas or spring but does not include a bow;
    "If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk"

Wouldn't be legal for bow season, and I actually think that it falls under a restricted or prohibited law in Canada anyway. Can't recall exactly what they ruled it or why.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Ya I think GH is right. Pretty sure its prohibited in Canada.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

Anybody know the bit of legislation that specifically prohibits the airbow?
    Im not here to be a dink, just want to know why I can't have one...

anybody?
    ἀλήθεια

Make like a baby and head out!

I had heard that they were going to be prohibited from a pretty good source before the actual release of them. Digging further I cant't find any legislation on that. But digging in to my city bylaws it appears that they would not be legal for use in the legislated "bow-only" zone. Possibly in the shot-gun zone tho. I am going to forward this question on to a couple friends that I know and get an official answer on that.

This is quoted from the city bylaw here.

THEREFORE
    the Council of the City of Campbell River in open meeting assembled, enact asfollows:

This Bylaw may be cited for all purposes as "Firearms Regulation Bylaw No. 2279,1994". Firearms shall mean any gun using as a propellant, explosives, compressed air or gas andwithout limiting the generality of the foregoing includes pellet pistols, pellet guns and B.B.guns whether explosives, compressed air or gas are used as a propellant therein orotherwise.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

what sort of game can a person hunt with other air rifles anyways?

bow only or bow regs relate to min poundages to hunt...like 40 for archery. what is its poundage? to be classed as a bow..it cant be, if anything it would be a firearm that projects arrows. whole new class id think

they know its not legit in alot of places to
    they supply the stuff to fight for legislation on main page actualy

"If you believe there’s room in the woods for something that moves an arrow at 450 FPS, that shoots straighter and is more accurate but isn’t driven by a string, and is safer and easier to operate, then please contact your legislators and wildlife officials. Tell them you want to use the Pioneer Airbow in a crossbow or archery season. Download this informational packet and get it into their hands by email, snail mail or personal delivery. With your help, we can introduce more people to hunting with airguns and with the Airbow, we can bring back those who may have left it."

Seem to remember reading that the RCMP had classed it as bullpup and prohibited
    found these

ontario outdoors:

know this is an older post but i emailed the rcmp and this is the answer
    Good day,
    in answer to your question the Benjamin Pioneer Airbow is classified as a rifle.

This rifle is Prohibited in Canada under the definition of "Prohibited Device" in "Part III/Firearms and Other Weapons" of Section 84 of the Criminal Code of Canada having a bullpup stock.

Hope this help.

Mario Lussier
    Firearm Technology Unit / Groupe de la technologie des armes à feu
    Royal Canadian Mounted Police / Gendarmerie royale du Canada Canadian Firearms Program / Programme canadien des armes à feu 1-800-731-4000 ext/poste: 1090 (ENG), 1091 (FRE)

and CGN

04-07-2016, 03:38 PM
    Gpion

NewbieJoin DateApr 2016Posts4Feedback Score

The Benjamin Pioneer as just been classed prohibited by the RCMP because it is Bull-Pup

what a shame very disappointed