Thread: Vancouver Island Geese

Vancouver Island Geese

Hey guys,

I'm still new to waterfowl hunting, I have hunted ducks for the first time this season and I have to say I'm hooked.

I'm looking for some advice about hunting geese on Vancouver Island. I've read numerous articles that the geese population is growing fast and it's causing quite the nuisance for the local farmers.

Are there any areas that would be particularly good for goose hunting around central Island ? Where would I obtain the hunting permits to hunt on farm land?
    I don't need specific area of the island I just want to be pointed in the right direction.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Thanks guys

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Vancouver Island Geese

You do not need a permit to hunt on farmland (but you do need the farmers permission) unless its within city limits ( no shoot zone generally) and you are getting a nuisance permit. I don't know what it takes to get one but I can imagine its a bit of a pain in the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Thanks for the info lorneparker1

You have to locate geese. Find where and when they are feeding. Contacting the local CO may help. Good Luck.