Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: RACKS on PACKS ...horns too

Re: RACKS on PACKS ...horns too

awesome job 45 freezer you have learned your bears..congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by 45freezer View Post
    Do pepperoni bears count? This one took a ride in the kifaru dupex this weekend.

Beauty! What did the bear weigh??

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    Nice. was there a story for that one?
    Not much for a story thread on it, but it was filmed and can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...D9Oz_iMbHtNpKc

Episodes 1-3 were shot in the Koots while chasing Rockies and 4-6 were of our hunt for this giant Rosie somewhere in BC...
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Beauty! What did the bear weigh??
    Was not a huge bear at all, maybe 120 or so without the guts...perfect size for a solo pack out, now that I'm topped up on burger for the spring it's time to look for a big one!
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Do pepperoni bears count? This one took a ride in the kifaru dupex this weekend.

Damn dude you're 3 for 3 in the last 3 years with those pointy sticks of yours. Definitely skills and repeatable process at this point. I think you have surpassed me Daniel-son.

That vegetation looks different than your usual ground... looks more like mine... maybe you are hunting closer to me now and can help us pack out our bears like that... we can barely drag the smallest bears and cry a lot during and after.

Awesome picture and congrats on another successful hunt. I'm REALLY looking forward to the story.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 05-11-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Was not a huge bear at all, maybe 120 or so without the guts...perfect size for a solo pack out, now that I'm topped up on burger for the spring it's time to look for a big one!
    Well done congrats dude.....

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Damn dude you're 3 for 3 in the last 3 years with those pointy sticks of yours. Definitely skills and repeatable process at this point. I think you have surpassed me Daniel-son.

That vegetation looks different than your usual ground... looks more like mine... maybe you are hunting closer to me now and can help us pack out our bears like that... we can barely drag the smallest bears and cry a lot during and after.

Awesome picture and congrats on another successful hunt. I'm REALLY looking forward to the story.
    Haha just wait until you read the story! Not sure how long your shortest season ever was but that was definitely a personal record...boots on the ground and taking note of the conditions at different times of the year then using that knowledge to adapt in the future is definitely starting to pay off.

This spot is interesting. That photo is down at the bottom where it's all shady, damp and dense. 1km up it changes dramatically and opens up into an old burn with big ponderosa pines and some old cutblocks mixed in. I got the whole rodeo on my gopro and will send it your way but not until I know you read the write up
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

One more entry.

I feel like I know that spot. ����

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E6D1F4E0-A3F3-484D-BB10-061CBE94B788.jpg 
Views:	733 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	7976