Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ice fishing southern bc

Re: Ice fishing southern bc

Heard Gardom has around 7+" was hoping to maybe get out soon and try my luck, it has been awhile since I have been ice fishing. I think in fact the last time I went ice fishing I think there was still perch in Gardom lake.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    Fished heffly for the first time caught my limit but when I cleaned them I have never seen trout with si many worms...amazing the things where still alive..
    Although I haven't fished Heffley in a few years, I have fished there lots over the years, and yes, the fish can have an obscene number of tapeworms in their stomachs. I have never seen them or cysts in the flesh. Even if there are some, it shouldn't be a concern if the fish are properly cooked. If you like your fish on the rare side, make sure they have been deep frozen a while first.

My dad is 86 and has eaten a crazy amount of fish out of Heffley over the years. Sadly, I can't seem to get him out fishing as of this year because he says his knees and hands get too sore in the cold, but nonetheless he's always been in good health, even after pounding back loads of Heffley trout!

Jewel lake hot again New Years Eve, caught two decent brookies and one 12" plus rainbow, enough for our meal, went to check on Dad at Wilgress and he had one hell of a lunker rainbow on the ice but that's all for the day. Went out yesterday and got skunked in 4 hours, figure the pressure change ahead of the cold weather clammed them up.