Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ice fishing southern bc

Re: Ice fishing southern bc

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    With this dump of snow, it will be knee deep water on top of the ice until some colder temps refreezes what's on top.
    Ya that's always fun to deal with even when it's -20.. damn overflow. Saw some spots yesterday where guys must have been stuck on the sleds with big pools of water near kamloops

Dad went out yesterday and caught his limit on mealworms, said he threw back a dozen or so little guys, also mentioned the action was hot between noon and 1pm and then just before dark, he held out for the last one to complete his limit, and make it a worthwhile run in the Big Chief that Santa brought this year.

I went by Monte today and although there were some fishing, there were plenty of damp spots too. Saw a crack that went from one side clear to the other side. A fellow that I spoke to said the fishing was "dam poor".
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Fished heffly for the first time caught my limit but when I cleaned them I have never seen trout with si many worms...amazing the things where still alive..

For some reason I just couldn't fish next to a highway.
    Tons of tapeworm walks with deer? Kind of a nasty thing to think about when eating even though it doesn't effect the meat..

Quote Originally Posted by tipper View Post
    For some reason I just couldn't fish next to a highway.
    Tons of tapeworm walks with deer? Kind of a nasty thing to think about when eating even though it doesn't effect the meat..
    That's okay. One less person to put up with. Now if only those hoards that show up from Vernon would take the same attitude................
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Never got tape worms in trout in monte.

I have encountered worms in trout here and there.. but these heffley trout where stuffed with them.. and I dont mean trout eating worms en I mean worms eating trout.

Do people know that the Kane Lakes are closed for ice fishing?
    Driving through the valley a few days back there were people fishing everywhere.
    Have the regs changed or are these folks unwittingly poaching cause they didn't bother reading the regs?

Only the lower second lakes are closed for ice fishing. I the upper lakes and chicken ranch have brook trout in them and are open!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MerrittBow View Post
    Only the lower second lakes are closed for ice fishing. I the upper lakes and chicken ranch have brook trout in them and are open!!!
    Thanx for clearing that up for me MB, guess I should read the regs a little more carefully.