Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sous Vide cooking.... Who does it?

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Re: Sous Vide cooking.... Who does it?

I knew a Sue Vide once, and yes she could cook a mean steak! Huh, didn't know she was on Youtube? Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by ajr5406 View Post
    Resurecting this old thread....

Thinking of getting a Sous Vide pretty soon. It seems that the Anova ones are quite good and popular, but are there any other recommendations?
    I might bite too. Haha, see what I did there? Bite! I crack me up.

The Anova one is on Amazon.ca for $129. I seem to recall investigating this a few years ago but the machines were really expensive. Nice to see some progress on pricing.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Have an Anova. Great machine. Don’t have any experience with other brands.

Walmart has em for 100 but expect walmart quality ...

couple places in the lml have various models

Anova and Joule seems to be the go to circulator sticks

some have instant pot brand, chefsteps ... few other

I personally have a water Oven style but am gonna invest in a couple of circalator sticks to suppliment my Water Oven. Do veg .... seafood etc all while doing a cook.... it also allows me to do a steak while doing a long roast cook as well

they will be either Anova or Joules
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Anova is the unit I’ve been using for over a year.... can’t say enough how well it works on lean wild meat. I can toss in a frozen vacuum packed roast and 4-6 hours later it’s cooked perfectly to medium rare. Then I pop it under the broiler for about 5 minutes a side and you can’t getting a moister, tender roast!

Quote Originally Posted by winchester284 View Post
    Anova is the unit I’ve been using for over a year.... can’t say enough how well it works on lean wild meat. I can toss in a frozen vacuum packed roast and 4-6 hours later it’s cooked perfectly to medium rare. Then I pop it under the broiler for about 5 minutes a side and you can’t getting a moister, tender roast!
    Sounds like the Anova is the winner! Think this is the one ill buy too. Thanks for the feedback...

Awesome . Did eggs benny . Yolks came out like custard

Tried the Anova for the first time: rack of lamb cooked @ 138 degrees for 90 mins, finished with a sear in a hot pan, basted with butter (served with grilled asparagus and a root vegetable puree).

The lamb meat itself was spectacular - very tender and tasted great. I was dissapointed with fat though - it didnt render away like when roasted in the oven. Perhaps not the best cut to use with a sous vide?

Will keep experimenting...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3255.jpg  

just make sure you read up on it, great when done right , down right bug incubators if not.. BTW after much discussion with now retired chef ( wife ) I've been authorised to buy one .. dam good at doing kippers in butter sauce and mackerel .
    Lamb , I'd place in broiler for browning , trim fat before cooking as the "taste" comes from the fat , especially new zealand 3yr old..