Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WTF happened here?

Re: WTF happened here?

A lot of possibilities... Why hang the hides in the trees though? Weird.

perhaps just thrown or perhaps placed in the tree so animals can still get at it after the snow would have covered it...nice gesture to keep some pickens up high enough for the birds

when I listened to it again I thought it sounded like hunter1947....that wasn't you was it Wayne?...

i'm not sure i could make a video of that poor quality if i tried. smells like bs

if its a road side dump site the fur in tree make sence as their tossed from an edge of a road.
    wish i lived closer, id go film the truth..lol

You can drive up just about any FSR that is easy access to a metropolitan area and you will see the same result. I drove up Postill FSR a few weeks back and not 100yds off of pavement was a moose carcass literally on the road, but just off to the side. I saw an additional 6-7 "small" carcasses that were definitely deer bones as I continued not 5 minutes up the road. I personally do not have any issue with returning the remnants of the animal to the bush were it originated, but I think we as hunters may want to be a little more respectful of all the users of the FSR's. etc hikers, off road vehicle clubs, skiers, etc. This video is a perfect example of our laziness causing us grief. When we dispose of our carcasses, please consider simply finding a spot that has a steep bank or side road that cannot be seen by people who are driving through the area (get off the main roads). It is not hard to do. If they can't see it, they will not likely take videos of it that will cast hunters in a distasteful light.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

I have personally dragged the same hide 100 feet back in the bush 3 times on the same trip...the animals kept dragging back onto the road to eat the bits off it

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    I have personally dragged the same hide 100 feet back in the bush 3 times on the same trip...the animals kept dragging back onto the road to eat the bits off it
    Wow! That is not something I would have thunk of. Regardless thanks for trying.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Maybe a trapper has a buddy that works for highways and gives him the road kill????

As for the video quality, that's pretty typical for a video that has been sent via text message (MMS).
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    Most definitely the lair of the Sasquatch...

I'm with russm86 on this one.............