Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Man Called Red - Book About BC Outfitter

The Man Called Red - Book About BC Outfitter

This is posted with permission from Gatehouse - Feel free to move if I am in the wrong category.

After years of family (me), friends and past hunters hounding him to put his stories into writing my Grandpa finally sat down and wrote his autobiography, which was self published through a local printing company in Victoria last year. I know some here have already acquired the book through other channels like The Grand Slam Club or Facebook or maybe you picked it up at one of the pit stops along the AK highway. For those that don't know him, my Grandpa is NB "Red" Sorensen a well known guide outfitter from Northern BC through the late 60's, 70's, 80's and into the early 90's. He was a kid who wanted to become a cowboy in the chilcotin, found work as a forest ranger, homesteaded along the halfway, then went on to acquire his own area and become a well known guide outfitter and bush pilot that walked away from 4 major crashes (I flew with this guy many times lol!). Lots of good laughs and stories about his different journey through life, both the highs and the lows.

It would make a good Christmas present for someone who's into books about BC's cowboys, hunting and just that type of general history in BC! The book has received lots of great feedback so far, I thought it was great too but I'm just a little bit biased. The time I got to spend up there as a kid growing up and now still as a grown man are my most cherished experiences.

If you want to order a copy for yourself or somebody else it can be done through his website at www.themancalledred.com I know from now until December 31st he's offering free shipping on orders of 3 or more. If you'd like a signed copy either let me know via PM or let him know via an email (you'll get it with an order I think) and he'll sign the copies for you.
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: The Man Called Red - Book About BC Outfitter

Great book. I picked my copy up in Fort St John. An excellent gift idea for sure.
    Thanks again to Willy and Red for putting pen to paper and sharing some of their tales with the rest of us.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Just ordered 3, thanks for posting Bigwhitey
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Hadnt seen it yet....will order one up. Thanks for heads up
    …..better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Very cool, I'll be getting one soon..

Got it for x-mas last year. Great book !

Looks like a very interesting read. Thanks for sharing.
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

you said it was published in Victoria, is it for sale in any book stores here in Victoria? or on line only?

you said it was published in Victoria, is it for sale in any book stores here in Victoria? or on line only?
    Yes, it's published in Victoria but my Grandpa is in charge of distribution (self published). I am not aware of any bookstores in Victoria that sell it currently but I'll ask him and post back. It's also on Amazon too.
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!

just ordered!