Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Youth license question

Re: Youth license question

You are incorrect about someone not even getting a license until 16, a youth requires a licence even though it is free. I am fine with them buying the same tags but they should only have to pay $7 for the general license.
    Last edited by Cdog; 12-05-2016 at 01:12 PM.

Youth do require a license even thought they are free. The kids deserve a break on the general license as well. Tags are one thing, but the general license should be discounted, the over 65 is!

im pretty sure for fishing youth do not need a fresh water licence, but do need a tidal licence (which is free) and buy a salmon stamp as everyone else for salt if they are keeping salmon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdog View Post
    You are incorrect about someone not even getting a license until 16, a youth requires a licence even though it is free. I am fine with them buying the same tags but they should only have to pay $7 for the general license.
    thats my point. try and BUY one under 16, but a youth can for hunting. wrong word used., shoulda said buy rather than get then

Basic Licence

A person who is 16 years of age or older must purchase a Basic Licence to fish in the non-tidal waters (freshwater) of British Columbia.

The Freshwater Fishing Licence does not include fishing in British Columbia's tidal waters. Tidal fishing regulations and licences are under the jurisdiction of the Canadian Federal Government.

Children who are under 16 and a resident of British Columbia may sport fish without any licence or stamp but must abide by the regulations. Children who are under 16 and not a resident of BC may sport fish without any licence or stamp provided they are accompanied by a person 16 years or older who holds the appropriate licences and stamps.

Note: If the angler is an Indian as defined in the Indian Act (Canada) AND a resident of British Columbia, they are not required to obtain any type of fishing licence or stamp to sport fish in non-tidal waters.

An angler may purchase an annual Basic Licence for the current licensing year (April 1st to March 31st), one or more 8-day licences, or one or more 1-day licences. B.C. Residents who are disabled or over 65 years of age may buy a reduced fee licence.

During the month of March, anglers may also purchase licences for the next licensing year which starts on April 1st.

would be nice for us dissability guys to have a hunting discount or fed fishing discount to.

I had a discussion with the manager at the local big box store about this. The fact that the youth has his own booklet means nothing. If they are under 17 they pay $7. The guy called Victoria and called me with the answer. I paid $7 till my son turned 18 even when we started buying him his own tags. So either I got lucky or this rule is about as clear as the rest of that book!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Your correct as long as he is hunting off his fathers tags.If he wants to go in a led and is successful he has to buy his own license.I now some people that there kid got a doe deer draw and the adults were cancelling there doe tags even though there was no adult draws.I explained to them how lucky they were that they didn't get stopped and they were ligit the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    I had a discussion with the manager at the local big box store about this. The fact that the youth has his own booklet means nothing. If they are under 17 they pay $7. The guy called Victoria and called me with the answer. I paid $7 till my son turned 18 even when we started buying him his own tags. So either I got lucky or this rule is about as clear as the rest of that book!

anyone with hunter #, and own tags pays full price, regardless of age. either he didnt call victoria, or they both are clueless.

except seniors

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Should be the same with hunting Licences and Tags. A hell of a lot of young Guys would take up hunting instead of hanging with the wrong Crowd.

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !