Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Congratlations to the 2017 BCWF Region 2 executive and board

1899 Guest

Re: Congratlations to the 2017 BCWF Region 2 executive and board

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    Naw, the butthurt bunch continues to hang around and politicize a non-political organization. Time for you guys to let someone with progressive ideas and no personal agendas take the reins.

You'll never do the right thing, though. You're only happy when you block the way forward.
    To be fair, those with progressive ideas and no personal agendas have to step up to the plate and wrangle up support. How many people showed up the meeting?

"The world is run by those who show up" Democracy seems to have prevailed. Take all your gripes to the next meeting, not here on HBC
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Looking forward to seeing regular report cards of progress made on conservation and habitat issues.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by 1899 View Post
    To be fair, those with progressive ideas and no personal agendas have to step up to the plate and wrangle up support. How many people showed up the meeting?
    There was ) 40 voting delegates (the BOD and club representatives) plus a few of guests. In short not enough. With 28 member clubs that means that nearly half did not send anyone. Too bad.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

1899 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
    There was ) 40 voting delegates (the BOD and club representatives) plus a few of guests. In short not enough. With 28 member clubs that means that nearly half did not send anyone. Too bad.
    That is too bad. Apathy is an unfortunate thing.

There's a reason for the apathy.

- Voting is clunky and based on club membership rather than membership in BCWF (direct members have very little say despite being funders);
    - the existence of the group (the R2 BoD) is not well known. As a member of a local club as well as a direct member I would never have known about the R2 BoD without HBC. HBC put me in touch with Troy (Whonnock Boy) and he showed me where to stick my nose to get involved. HBC, in other words, got me involved in R2, not R2. How many R2 members don't even know about R2's existence?
    -the reputation of the R2 Bod is not perceived to be a a good one by some people who have had passing exposure to it (you've seen plenty of evidence on HBC of R2 BoD dysfunction, and that dysfunction can certainly lead qualified and committed people to decide that the R2 BoD is not the vehicle to accomplish much for wildlife).

I don't say the above to insult or anger current or past members of the BoD, who have volunteered much time and effort to accomplish it's goals. I appreciate those efforts and thank those volunteers for their service.

At the same time, what I've just stated is true and reasonable and I think points to some of the challenges we face.

I'm confident that we will address them effectively, one way or another.

In summary, I'm not sure apathy is the problem given that education and R2 BoD profile raising is the order of the day.

Any Region 2 members of the BCWF on this forum are welcome to contact me directly to discuss any conservation or hunting issues.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

hi rob, it was nice to see a new face at the r2 agm. and a meeting before that. I invite you to call me and will be happy to discuss what r2 has done in the last 15 years I have been around, I am proud of what we have done and would like the opportunity to explore them with you. we have had enough infighting to last a life time so we are hopeing to get on with it and rebuild all the projects back in form and perhaps start a new one. you can reach me at 604 340 8496
    "Hunting For HEALTH Not TROPHIES"

I will PM you for background. Thanks!
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Rob I am not a member of Region 2 but I have worked with most if your exec. and many of the BODs on volunteer projects. They are all hard working experienced people with a proven track record for getting things done. I think as a "rookie" you could do no better than to get to know the ins and outs from those who have worked so hard for so many years to make region 2. a big success over the past years. Good for you for taking the initiative learning the ropes from the inside out. Pick the "veterans" brains and listen to what their experience has to say you won't go wrong. Good Luck.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

lol, never even heard of an R2

oh, nvmd. just region 2 i take it.