Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuchodi Fishing trip Jetboat Rescue

Tuchodi Fishing trip Jetboat Rescue

A group of us went up to the Tuchodi Lakes to do a little camping and fishing on July long weekend. One of the boats never made it all the way to the lake on the first day, so a few of us went out on a rescue mission the next morning. There has been alot of rain up in this part of the country lately, and the river was very high ( have never seen the Tuchodi this high before). Hopefully, I will be able to post up some pics later, but untill then here is a clip of the rescue mission.
    If you guys like this clip, I have a couple others that I can post up as well.
    Enjoy.
    This is the Jetboat Rescue Clip
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTHDcVwKuZ4

Ahhh, what the heck; here's another good one,
    This is the run down the Tuchodi, on the way home. I have never run the Tuchodi this fast ever before, what a rush.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAppleGG778
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My outdoor vids on Youtube :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RockDoctor07

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tuchodi Fishing trip Jetboat Rescue

RD.....great footage as usual!! ALways puts a smile on my face watching your clips.

At the end of the first clip.....that "camp dog" you have looks like one heck of a bear/hare deterrent!!

Those are some awesome videos. What kind of boats are you guys running? Any twins? Engine and Pumps?
    The Rocky Mountains is the Marrow of the World
    "Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline."

Tooooo freakin good!!!!Academy awards to Rockdoctor.I guess those ever-changing channels can get ya....

from the landing at the creek about how long does it take if you are not performing and off the throttle? you know going as slow as you can without coming off step.

Nice videos. Thanks. Hope to do a sheep hunt up there next august with Trigger. Do you do a drop off/pick up for less than $1500 lol?
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

MB_Boy;
    At the end of the first clip.....that "camp dog" you have looks like one heck of a bear/hare deterrent!!
    lol, His bite is not that deadly, but his BARK is huge..... Actually that was not my camp, and I was afraid to bring my dog over there, I thought mine might choke on that thing

Dirty;
    Those are some awesome videos. What kind of boats are you guys running? Any twins? Engine and Pumps?
    The one that was grounded is a twin with 350's and Hamilton Pumps
    The one that pulled him off was also a twin with 6.0 liters and Hamilton T-2 Pumps
    The bright red one at the end is a twin with 6 cylinders and Berkly Pumps
    Mine has a 175hp Sportjet (the white one)
    Brad's, at the end of the lineup, at the end of the second vid has a 200hp Sportjet.
    All the rest are single 350's
    There were several Custom Built boats in the mix, a Wolfmade, a couple ELDE's, a Marathon, and a couple that I'm not sure of.

daycort;
    from the landing at the creek about how long does it take if you are not performing and off the throttle? you know going as slow as you can without coming off step.
    From the Launch to the mouth of the Tuchodi is roughly 2 hrs, and from the mouth to the lakes is about another 2 hrs running at an average speed of about 35kms/hr. Going as slow as I can, but staying on step on the Tuchodi would be realy slow. The water is so fast in some places that I can be on step and not moving while pointed upstream.

BlacktailStalker;
    Nice videos. Thanks. Hope to do a sheep hunt up there next august with Trigger. Do you do a drop off/pick up for less than $1500 lol?
    Not legaly, but I found this nice little rock the last time I was up there, if you buy it from me for say.......$1,500 bucks, I might just take you out for a boat ride.

Glad you guys liked the vids, I had a blast making them.
    RD
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My outdoor vids on Youtube :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/RockDoctor07

My body might be in Red Deer but my heart and soul are still on the Island

Way to go Rock just when I had gotten the idea of buying a jet boat out of my head for a while you go and post more vids.

Sweet footage as always thanks for posting.

Hilgy
    "you can have your rifle on the dashboard and ammo clenched between your teeth and that's legal."-Gatehouse

very cool.....I too enjoy your vids. I guess the other guy should have let your daughter drive. Amateur......lol

Great videos! I love seeing that country, definately gets the blood pumping... keep em coming!!!