Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Rut

Post Rut

Hello Forum,

So now that the rut is over where have all the Mule's gone lol. I am seeing a shitload of does right now and no males. Any advice?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Post Rut

Usually in the thick stuff, some stay down low other bucks will head way back up to the high country to avoid predation.

If you have a few does that weren't bred and cycle again, a few bucks will show up. This next week can be productive.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Do you guys still call bucks after the rut is over? If youdo what type of call do you use, doe bleat or buck? Any tips on how to get bucks out off the thick bush? Doe scent perphaps???

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    Usually in the thick stuff, some stay down low other bucks will head way back up to the high country to avoid predation.

If you have a few does that weren't bred and cycle again, a few bucks will show up. This next week can be productive.
    X2 what he said..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

I was rattling for white-tails a couple of days ago and a big 4 pt muley came in, so it's worth a shot.

Bucks were still chasing does and scrapping with each other in 5 last weekend. Though you could see the rut winding down in some of the groups of deer I saw. Saw quite a few 4 points, including one little 4 that kept popping up around camp with his small harem. Be real nice in a couple more years. I took this one, but we couldn't find a bigger one for my partner. And this was small to what he was looking for. His freezer full with Moose anyways, so better to let them grow bigger.

nice buck!

^^^nice one, Stresd!

Nice buck Stresd looks more like area 3 than 5

Ya .. last December 2nd in Princeton area the bucks were still chasing does heavy