Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leh Grizzly in 3-44 or 3-43

Leh Grizzly in 3-44 or 3-43

Hey just trying to decide where to enter this year and this looks like the place. It's only about 7 hours away and the odds are great. Jw if anyone has any info they would be willing to share about the area.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Leh Grizzly in 3-44 or 3-43

I grew up in the area and I've never seen a grizzly in my life until I went up north. With that said, I've never specifically looked for grizz, just never ran into one..they are definitely there. The bush is thick and there's usually lots of snow, depending on your timing you may or may not make it very far in the bush roads. If you're into hunting above treeline, I can give you google earth pics and a route to take that gets you into the alpine without much hassle. Check your thread from last year where I posted some pics.
    side note: good potential to run into a Cranker black bear if you're looking for grizz. High numbers of black bears in both units.

Lots of black bears in those MU's for sure. Only seen griz sign in there twice. Can't get into back valleys and slides until mid May but can sled or snowshoe in. Apparently, east end of Mud Lake is the place to go, if you can get in there. There are griz and I know people who've taken griz from the area. There are better areas for sure. Gorgeous country.
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Have run into G-bears up Serpentine Cr many years ago. Both in the timber and above tree line. A few years back I ran into a couple that were on a kill right off the highway south of Valemount, probably in the north-most section of 3-43. They are around, but I have no idea what numbers are like nowadays.

I have seen grizz in the tum tum area pretty much every time I took my boys black bear hunting there. I tried for the draw for a few years without luck

This got me thinking, and I've never actually heard of anyone killing grizz from this area..not even a friend of a friend for me...does anyone have pics of grizz that have come outta here? I grew up there and when I apply for grizz I put in elsewhere, it would be interesting to see the critters that have come outta here..

Quote Originally Posted by smallfry14 View Post
    This got me thinking, and I've never actually heard of anyone killing grizz from this area..not even a friend of a friend for me...does anyone have pics of grizz that have come outta here? I grew up there and when I apply for grizz I put in elsewhere, it would be interesting to see the critters that have come outta here..
    I have a friend who got one!
    Regards,

Ltbullken
    Freelance Wildlife Population Manager
    Animals - If you can't eat 'em, wear 'em!

Hmm the Tum tum has some nice bears. .some times more or less.they move considerably..both distance and elevation..but not real serious numbers..but hunt able. .

Much better concentrations not all that far....pm..
    Cheers
    Srupp

Better options in my opinion

As far as I can see there's no leh season in tumtum lake area