Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First Lite clothing

Re: First Lite clothing

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Did a search on HBC but didn't come up with much talk about First Lite

I took advantage of a pretty decent sale they had on their site and ordered some pieces

• Allegheny 230g Merino Bottom
    • Kanab 2.0 Merino Pant
    • Corrugate Duraflex Guide Pant
    • Llano 170g Merino Quarter Zip
    • Chama 230g Merino Quarter Zip
    • Merino Neck Gaiter
    • Merino Beanie

Really like Merino wool for anything outdoors, look forward to trying this First Lite stuff. Most reviews are great!
    Keep us posted. Mark have you ever used Icebreaker, or does anyone on here have a first hand comparison of the two?

Most of my stuff is IB but have been reading more and more about FL and considering trying some.

I bought the kanab 2.0 pants in September for my elk hunt. I loved them. Got home and put them through the wash, and I don't recall putting them through the dryer but the gf might have. Anyways they shrunk pretty good and I looked pretty hip out in the field with my new skinny kanabs 2.0 I've washed them once since then without the dryer, and they shrunk again to the point of unusable. Also I ripped the hip pocket stitching but it could have been from a antler going through not sure.

Anyways, when they were new and functional best pant I've owned, first lite says they will warranty so I'll try them again, bit obviously I wasn't impressed.

I like my Kanab pants. I was a little disappointed in how light they were, and probably would not have chosen them at the time I bought them, had I the opportunity to see them in person.

They are a fine early to mid season pant, however.

Quote Originally Posted by MB_Boy View Post
    Keep us posted. Mark have you ever used Icebreaker, or does anyone on here have a first hand comparison of the two?

Most of my stuff is IB but have been reading more and more about FL and considering trying some.
    For merino wool base layers Icebreaker is the best on the market I have alot of it.

First lite is excellent. My collection is slowly growing.Zero complaints with anything I own.

I have been using Icebreaker for a first layer and love them, bought a pair of IB field pants and so far so good. Great pants of early to mod season, wear well and move with you.

http://www.altitude-sports.com/en/ic...KGKxoC34nw_wcB

I see that they have a new set of pants out that incorporate softshell and merino wool.

http://ca.icebreaker.com/en/midlayer...2683_color=301

If FL is as good or better than the IC stuff, I will be taking a look at it.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

I like the chama hoody, I also have a fair collection of ice breaker and have found it to be the strongest so far.
    Ice breaker has a sale on now with some good prices.
    Smart wool has worn out the quickest for me.
    Ibex has been fairly good
    Trying a helly Hansen and a arcteryx wool shirt this year to see how they stand up the sales person said they
    are both strong so will see.

Is there a store in BC (better yet, on the island) that sells this stuff? I'm a tall skinny guy and I'd like to try stuff on before flinging money at it.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

I have the

Chama Hoody
    Llano Tee
    North branch pants
    Grizzly gloves

Chama hoody is one of my favourite pieces and north branch pants are pretty good during cold weather

Quote Originally Posted by charlie_horse View Post
    I bought the kanab 2.0 pants in September for my elk hunt. I loved them. Got home and put them through the wash, and I don't recall putting them through the dryer but the gf might have. Anyways they shrunk pretty good and I looked pretty hip out in the field with my new skinny kanabs 2.0 I've washed them once since then without the dryer, and they shrunk again to the point of unusable. Also I ripped the hip pocket stitching but it could have been from a antler going through not sure.

Anyways, when they were new and functional best pant I've owned, first lite says they will warranty so I'll try them again, bit obviously I wasn't impressed.
    too unshrink wool clothing..,. Hand wash with hair conditioner you have in the bathroom. Let it set in for 30 min... then rinse. Lay flat to air dry on towels and gently pull and stretch the garment into shape every half hour or so.
    The conditioner releases the wool fibers.
    I resurrected a few pieces my wife shrunk.

google it.... or YouTube search it.

true story