Re: First Lite clothing

Wore the

• Allegheny 230g Merino Bottom
    • Kanab 2.0 Merino Pant
    • Llano 170g Merino Quarter Zip
    • Chama 230g Merino Quarter Zip
    • Merino Neck Gaiter
    • Merino Beanie

Today was -1c and quite windy, I hiked 5km looking for a coyote. Was very comfortable, put on my Sitka Traverse Cold Weather hoody overtop. No issues thus far!
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I ordered a bunch of FL gear this year and tested it out up north. I ran the Stormfront jacket and pants as my rain set, the puffy, Halstead tech fleece, chama hoody, llano, Kanab 2.0, beanie+neck, allegheny base layer pants and red boxer shorts.

Rain gear: wasn't anything special for the most part, I still got wet underneath after a light drizzle, and it took forever to dry.
    Puffy: loved it, nice and warm. Runs kinda big tho
    Halstead tech fleece: Nice and warm, never really had to reach for the puffy a lot when I layered with the chama and the fleece.
    Chama Hoody: Nice and light but found it was getting little holes all over as the merino is very fragile and it went from a nice fit to very saggy
    llano base: Loved it next to skin.
    Kanab 2.0: Never again -_- altho nice light pants, I found it got wet so easily from dew etc and stayed wet forever.
    Beanie+Neck: Legit pieces of gear, especially the neck gaiter. You can use it around your neck or head. Loved this piece.
    Allegheny base pants: Awesome pants but the issue with holes forming all over randomly.
    Red Boxer shorts: Best thing I currently own by FL. Long cut, keeps the jewels happy and moisture free and just overall amazing. I ordered a few more for everyday use.

i have a chama hoody that also formed tiny holes in the hood after washing it once. I thought it snagged something in the wash but im hearing more and more people say this has happened. Llano is a great base though.

do you own any First light gear to compare with the Icebreaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    For merino wool base layers Icebreaker is the best on the market I have alot of it.

loving the FL merino stuff. Have been wearing the Allegheny 230g bottoms and 170g Llano top lately when going for a run, underneath the Guide pant and Chama 230g top. I didn't buy this stuff for running, just want to test out how it performs. Regulates body temp well from -10 to +5 and windy as hell. 6km run, the Llano base will be soaked in my back. Dry it off and wear it again. Have done three runs, even the wife says it don't stink. Love it!!
    Last edited by todbartell; 02-01-2017 at 08:00 PM.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Are you going to start carrying it?

no don't think so. Small store and a limited amount of retail floorspace to share with Sitka. But who knows in the future. I am a big fan that's for sure!

I have been wearing First Lite for a couple of years and I love their Merino Wool Gear! It is well made, and priced accordingly for wool clothing.
    -Kanab Pant -Uncompahgre Jacket (Just bought it, I think it will be great but it is not made of silent material)
    -Llano shirt -All in ASAT camo
    -Wool T-shirt
    -Wool neck gaiter

Ice breaker merino is on sale again as well as taiga has there merino on sale
    First lite was having a sale but not sure if it is over

All first lite is 30% off at Grouse River til March 31st