Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First Lite clothing

First Lite clothing

Did a search on HBC but didn't come up with much talk about First Lite

I took advantage of a pretty decent sale they had on their site and ordered some pieces

• Allegheny 230g Merino Bottom
    • Kanab 2.0 Merino Pant
    • Corrugate Duraflex Guide Pant
    • Llano 170g Merino Quarter Zip
    • Chama 230g Merino Quarter Zip
    • Merino Neck Gaiter
    • Merino Beanie

Really like Merino wool for anything outdoors, look forward to trying this First Lite stuff. Most reviews are great!
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

2. Site Sponsor

Re: First Lite clothing

I have been looking at trying some first lite gear myself please post a review once you receive your package if you don't mind

I have been using there rain jacket and kanab pants for several years awesome stuff

Great gear, best merino IMO. I like the companies message too, don't take themselves too seriously. The chama hoody is the most versatile piece there is.

Been meaning to buy some...have to save up first...the company seems awesome though. Listen to the MeatEater Podcast, there is a guy on there quite often who works for First Lite and he seems all about hunting.

I really like the guide pants, llano, and chama, shale gloves and uncomphagre jacket. The pants took from customizing to get the fit right for me, but now they are one of my fav pants.

They have some nice stuff but don't use the Llano shirts as your only layer when carrying a pack in warm weather. They will have holes in them by days end. That said, they are great if your intentions are to use them as a base layer. .

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    They have some nice stuff but don't use the Llano shirts as your only layer when carrying a pack in warm weather. They will have holes in them by days end. That said, they are great if your intentions are to use them as a base layer. .
    I have been eyeing first lite for some time as I love wool clothes. This was always a worry of mine, how would the merino hold up to abuse. I would love to hear more first hand from the guys that use and love the stuff.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

Had some issues with the Kanabs but their customer service was awesome and now have the Corrugates which are better in my opinion ! Also just got the uncompahgre puffy this season and it is unreal!

I have First Lite clothing (pants, longjons and sweater) and I really like it, especially socks!