Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How Many Seasons To Get First Archery Deer?

Re: How Many Seasons To Get First Archery Deer?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    I'm using a 44# @ 28" longbow my arrow was a carbon weave with a muzzy broadhead 125 gr. I hit it at 19mtrs...recovery was just a few yards as it went down pretty quick..
    Awesome, thanks..

First season.

Started when I was invited by a local landowner to kill the deer in her yard. Bought a crossbow, shot deer in her yard. We've a great relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Lots of coyote with crossbow...hoping to get a bear in the spring....deer will be next fall...hopefully.

I was lucky and got a button buck first year..then a little 3 point next year..both with longbow..have done pretty good with it since..alot of fun..the pics are from 20 years ago..still hunting traditional..really enjoy it.

sorry pics did not load..try again

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 25 4.jpg  

Awesome job there bluesman, spot and stalk??

yes on both..the first muley I followed as it browsed through a stand of mixed poplar and willow..shot him at about 20 yards.. quartering away a bit back and high but caught the main artery running down to his hindshe went about 100 yards and, the second deer I was with another hunting partner and we spotted the buck with 5 does and one other small buck. He was leading the way which is unusual but they were coming down a hill and I stalked into a small draw and at 17 yards I double lunged him..he went about 40 yards...

I shot a velvet mule deer buck with a compound on my first day out hunting ever. Haven't had a year since where I did not cut tags with my bow...
    Hunter | Hunting/Wildlife Photographer
    www.nicktrehearne.com

i live for it so i tried hard, i was killing dear couple days after buying my bow, lots of writers under my belt now, id take a bow(compound)over a gun enyday

every ones got a opinion i suppose,but i shot against a couple budys with cross bows, got no good to say about them,meny guys kill with them ?in my opinion there not worth the tiny arrows thay fling.iv one lost dear in 12 years,and I'm not that good,my buds have had me help them recover wounded or lost dear countless times,when i launch a dart out of my bow,(average quality)it flys pretty straight for 30 yards starts to drop SLOWLY,compounds, ..... shoot in way more of a arch... not for me and i would NOT recommend them,