Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Updated Thoughts on Crossbows vs Vertical Bows?

Re: Updated Thoughts on Crossbows vs Vertical Bows?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    This is great.

It really is comical hearing about how crossbows aren't really bows because you don't hold them back under tension and you pull a trigger - from a guy that uses a compound that uses mechanical advantage to reduce the strength required to hold it drawn, and using a release with a TRIGGER on it!

Yup, it won't end well!
    And the compound probably has one of those slope compensating sights for when he is sitting in a tree stand...

I have given up trying to argue the crossbow is archery thing with folks, not worth my breath trying to change closed minds...

I look at it that it is a piece of wood with a string that throws a projectile with a broadhead on it and the distance limitations are pretty well the same as compounds. Guys that take 100 yard shots with crossbows are not archery hunters, they are irresponsible..
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Cabellas sells a kit to attach your X Bow to a drone,,,, just kidding! but maybe in a generation...

Quote Originally Posted by center color View Post
    Cabellas sells a kit to attach your X Bow to a drone,,,, just kidding! but maybe in a generation...
    Right. You didn't hear about the laser guided bolts with dynamically steerable fletching?

Quote Originally Posted by TheProvider View Post
    Your post pretty much bashes every form of archery. Whats the point of it?

I shoot instinctive, do I miss a lot? No.... Do I shoot sticks? Yes, I makes arrows from dogwood and birch I collect myself, I shoot carbon as well and also shoot high grade wooden arrows that I've purchase. Do I think aiming is cheating? No

There is a lot of bashing in the archery world, everyone has their own opinion and well your opinion seems to be one who bashes everyone.
    Oh, go on then, it's wednesday night and I've nothing better to do…….I'll bite

Seriously dude, did you even READ the post, like that bit where I said "its all very silly"? or are you just sat there waiting to be offended?

Are they able to do sense of humour transplants yet?

OF course it was bashing everyone!

Here's the deal, I have shot just about every type of archery available to me, from olympic recurve, to primitive, compounds and traditional on targets, 3D's and now fur in the UK (not hunting) and Canada and I have taken something from each of them, who knows, I might even return to each of them in time but for now I am a hardcore one stringer and a very good one at that.
    I still have lots of friends doing each of them on both sides of the big water so I have seen lots division both serious and just banter. I think you'd have to be pretty clueless to think my post was the former.

I even stated on a previous post I hate division

I do definitely have a special place in my heart for the neo-traddy though, I go with Howard Hill when he said that he had seen a great many "instinctive archers" but never a good one. For the record, I do not even think there is such a thing……
    A learned act, consistent form and looking down an arrow whilst holding at anchor?…….that's not an instinct. Just an FYI

If you will excuse me, I'm of to wash my plaid, brush off my Fred Bear Fedora, read my Asbell books and I might even feather some kindling

i disagree, compounds in my opinion are far superior,dear can be killed with a sling shot,but we wont to make humane kills,iv had friends with cross bows and had to do several recovrys,shoot against them with a compound?youl see,and even though compounds look complicated,there so goof proof now,buy one new,go shoot a few darts,and yer ready

Quote Originally Posted by bonecolecter View Post
    i disagree, compounds in my opinion are far superior,dear can be killed with a sling shot,but we wont to make humane kills,iv had friends with cross bows and had to do several recovrys,shoot against them with a compound?youl see,and even though compounds look complicated,there so goof proof now,buy one new,go shoot a few darts,and yer ready

Troll in the building... troll in the building!!!
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

ill second the trolling idea to. still trying to find the compound with faster fps than crossbow as he states in the other thread..lol