Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oldest buck that i have ever caught on video,,,what do u think?

Re: Oldest buck that i have ever caught on video,,,what do u think?

Alien deer!! I think.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post

im not sure if i cant see what you guys are looking at, the quality is so bad ... none of those deer struck me as old
    X2 don't see any signs of age

I've seen video of old buck, they look like an old geezer walking around, slow and shaky and minding their own business. I don't see that in this video.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

They get so decrepit, old deer tipically starve to death, due to teeth warring down. So the have old reverted heavy antlers and small boodies. A really old buck can easily lose 100lbs in his final 2 years.

im just elaboratign on Buckmeisters post a bit more ...
    JOIN US AT CRSPORTFISHING.CA

thats the deer in the video,,he's so old he can't even walk properly, i can't get a better video up don't know why it happens but everytime i try to load it to photo bucket it gets all pixels and distorted, but that buck is no youngster with an injury, he's all wobbly and legs are bent in, he looks like he needs a walker, he's all beat up to, hair patches missing and he is so much bigger than the other spiker in the videos, they all seem to run from him as if they were teasing him.
    each to their own opinion but what i see is an ancient old deer that can barely chew his food anymore,,sorry i can't get a better quality video up.

If you can see it better than whats posted i litterally just cant see clearly, if hes what you described, he could easily be between 10-12 ... depending on the weather and preasure in the area. If a predator doesn't get him, and he has a mild climate, good diet and no stress ... he will likely be 10 years old

like i said, when there teeth crap out, a 230-250 lb buck wil lose 100lbs of body mass in his last 2 years. Its unreal, like your saying, they get really decrepit. It really starts to happan around 8 yeas old

th

there are lots of videos on youtube about the life cycle of wild and captive deer ... surf around when u get time, its cool to see and all very interesting
    Last edited by Chopper; 01-02-2017 at 05:23 PM.
    JOIN US AT CRSPORTFISHING.CA