Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: initiate looking for hunter Victoria

Re: initiate looking for hunter Victoria

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    This hear is the problem statement. it is not that simple, you don't just go out there and shoot a deer. Island Blacktails are not that easy.... I am 41 been hunting here all my life, this year I have around 14 days in and I have not shot a deer yet. Dont take this wrong, I am just stating the fact, and it is the same fact that I had to beat into my Buddy who started hunting at 40 with me.

I totally appreciate the idea you have and 110% support you. but honestly, unless you have someone you know who can do what your asking... you'd be better off just getting to it.
    CORE and PAL are not super expensive to get... after that a Savage AXIS is under 500$ ready to roll.... and if you don't like hunting you can sell it for the same money damned near....
    Then while you do all this, keep posting here and asking questions. People will get to know you, and then might get you out...

keep doing what your doing in this thread for sure, but don't let this stop you from progress is all im saying....
    Ha! I've been trying to figure out how old you were!
    But yes Dru is on point here. The deer out in the bush are entirely different than the dopes you see standing on the side of the highway in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    You're lucky if you even see anything some days.
    Fixed that for you

I saw 3 deer in legal hunting areas this season, ones in my freezer, ones in my hunting partners freezer, and the third was a doe that walked due to a mishap with my bowstring and my backpack (over 12ish days out), oh and grouse.
    Last edited by stevo911_; 11-24-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Ha, true enough!

Hope someone steps up and gives the guy a chance

Really it don't matter if getting a deer is tough the license is about giving a guy a chance to experience hunting. If he goes out and gets skunked that is part of hunting. If the experience ends up being more important than the harvest awesome.

The first time hunters licence is all about giving someone the chance to experience hunting before going through the core.

If success is going to be a main factor this will show people hunting may not be for them