Thread: Excalibur Over the Off Season - Do you unstring ?

Excalibur Over the Off Season - Do you unstring ?

On the DVD that comes with the Excalibur crossbows old Bill there tells you that it is a good idea to take the string off your bow over the winter to lessen the stress on the limbs. However now you must take off the compression pads or they may crack. My question is who actually does this? I feel like I want my bow operational the whole year to practice and keep fresh. Also there is always schedule C for the off season. And how long have some of those limbs been sitting in boxes on shelves waiting to be bought? Longer than one winter I bet and the strings stay on. Thoughts on this ?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Excalibur Over the Off Season - Do you unstring ?

I left mine on forever one day it was apart i am thinking maybe blood on the string and mold . sold it when my shoulder got fixed back to the mathews solo cam now back to a Xbow and it will be a Excalibur for sure and most likly be a 335 Micro as light and lots of killing power there as the old one was 200lbs and under 300fps

Arrow Re: Excalibur Over the Off Season - Do you unstring ?

I have not taken the custom string off my Matrix 380 (except to replace it) since it was new some years back now.
    I practice a fair bit all year round, and I like to have it ready to roll - just in case...

No "Need" to take it down. Those limbs will last forever.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Excalibur Over the Off Season - Do you unstring ?

Thanks for info gents