Thread: Kamloops Archers

Kamloops Archers

Gentlefolk,

Sometime ago there was a thread about a maybe shoot up at Sun Peaks where there was much interest of getting involved.

Now, in April we have a definite shoot in Kamloops, I say definite but I am putting a rallying call for additional help this year as our usual worker bees will not be able to give it their usual level of attention. So we would like to give local bow shooters the opportunity to get involved and learn all that goes on with putting on a shoot like this, one that is well attended and received and be able to give back to the archery community, help out your local club and contribute to a shoot you would be pleased to attend.

But Shoots can be A LOT of work…….but many hands make light work

Clubs thrive on volunteers and are only as good as they can make them, and this is where we struggle here in Kamloops.

We have a range, a course and a container of in good shape Rineharts but very few hands on deck and huge potential for a good archery facility.

So have a think, we DO put on a kickass shoot and it's unique but I would like to see more boots on the ground helping out now as the workload is too much for a small handful of helpers and why we will be starting early this year. If things do not change then shoots will have to be scaled back or even not happen as the current crop of helpers will ease off.
    But if we get more involvement then lots more arrow flinging opportunities WILL happen.

Drop an email to me or Ken at ktsaarchery@gmail.com

Thanks, I look forwards to hearing from you

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kamloops Archers

This is one of my "must go" 3-D events . The unique terrain provides medium grades , great vistas and is quite challenging .
    Lots of work done by a few and is appreciated . Hopefully new blood steps up to help .
    Cheers all and looking forward to this !!!!!
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

Re: Kamloops Archers

To add, we do have a Facebook group "Kamloops Archers" where we will be putting out notes, happenings and meeting/work times and all that