Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BC Breeders - GWP, DD, Pudelpointer... other versatiles?

Re: BC Breeders - GWP, DD, Pudelpointer... other versatiles?

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    Thus the frown at the end of his comment...
    Yeah,it was directed towards Selvir's comment ,but my iPhone was not co-operating. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by elch jager View Post
    Yes, pup needs to spend some time with mom and sibs before being shipped via aircraft. There is a second pup going to Seattle so will split the shipping cost to YVR.
    I have been watching many gun dog training instruction videos... If there are certain ones you recommend, please suggest... I will take you up on a few phone calls Rainer, thx for the offer.
    Your dog should be ready soon, I would think, although with the way the weather has been it's probably still too cold to ship dogs in cargo. in fact they won't allow it until the air temp is above a certain air temp. (don't know what that is, though).

I've had my little griff pup now for almost 3 weeks now,,,,she was 12 weeks old this past Wednesday and already has most of her obedience commands down pretty well as long as there isn't any major distractions and she is pointing at grouse wings.

But most importantly,,,,she's a real chick magnet when I've walked her in the parks:

Last edited by mastercaster; 03-16-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Beautiful pup Brent. I am jealous . You have stop by my shop one day while visiting the area.

Quote Originally Posted by tadpole View Post
    Beautiful pup Brent. I am jealous . You have stop by my shop one day while visiting the area.
    I'll be in Kelowna Monday and Tuesday, Tad, so I can introduce myself too my NEW granddaughter who was born last weekend,,,, so for sure I'll stop by!

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    I'll be in Kelowna Monday and Tuesday, Tad, so I can introduce myself too my NEW granddaughter who was born last weekend,,,, so for sure I'll stop by!
    Great Brent. I will be happy to meet your pup, as I am in a process of deciding what my next choice would be.

Quote Originally Posted by tadpole View Post
    Great Brent. I will be happy to meet your pup, as I am in a process of deciding what my next choice would be.
    So far in the 4 weeks I've had my griff (12 weeks old now) she has shown me that she a pretty smart little girl and catching onto things quite quickly. My sister took this video of me putting her through her paces a few days ago:

https://youtu.be/hkf6Gfc2i4g

Well, pup has been with us for just over a week... aside from an issue with slippery floors and over nutrition... we seem to be on track now. His front legs were growing too quickly and the joints were not growing at the same pace. Soft non slip surfaces only and reduced feeding to 1/3 cup 3 times a day... seems to be straightening things up nicely... Very nice temperament with this pup - very affectionate very eager to please. He got the Sit command first time we tried it.

I'll get around to posting photos before too long... far too busy with crate and house training to take any yet....

Quote Originally Posted by elch jager View Post
    Well, pup has been with us for just over a week... aside from an issue with slippery floors and over nutrition... we seem to be on track now. His front legs were growing too quickly and the joints were not growing at the same pace. Soft non slip surfaces only and reduced feeding to 1/3 cup 3 times a day... seems to be straightening things up nicely... Very nice temperament with this pup - very affectionate very eager to please. He got the Sit command first time we tried it.

I'll get around to posting photos before too long... far too busy with crate and house training to take any yet....
    Just out of curiosity, how much food was your pup eating before you cut back? My kennel owner had the pups on 1 1/2 cups per day so I continued with that, plus treats during training for the first week and half but the vet told me she was a little too thin. I bumped her up to 2/3 of a cup three times per day but even with 2 cups of kibble, plus treats she bugged me all the time for food and was still on the lean side.

Now at three months of age, as of yesterday, I'm feeding her 3/4 of a cup three times a day, plus some training treats. She's been given the de-worming pill twice since I got her so I know that's not an issue ,,,,,but I do get her out twice a day for 30-45 minutes of activity (walks, etc.) so she's likely burning off all those calories. She will be in for her last set of shots in another week (14 weeks) so I'll have to see what the vet thinks of her physique. She sure seems healthy and robust! I figure she just must have a fast metabolism. LOL

I was following the instructions on the Acana large breed puppy. 1 1/2 cups per day. Half on waking half at supper. He is a lean pup smallest of the litter. Probably was 10 days later fertilized in mom. His belly looked huge with just 3/4 cup of food. He seems much improved since being kept off slippery floors and no more stairs. Always hungry now but I am hesitant to up his portions yet.

I just want those see pick up in the province i brought few in and passed them on to other ppl... and finaly i am going to settle with one (thinking even a pair as they are best when running in a pack)
    Religion is for people who fear Hell, Spirituality is for people who have been there...